Highlighted

Markers do not work.

Engaged ,
Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Markers do not work. That's all there is to say about it. Markers do note work. I type an M and nothing happens.

• If I do the same thing in Final Cut, I see a marker.
  • I think Adobe Premiere is better than Final Cut but I'm going back to Final Cut because Adobe has zero help for this type of issue.
  • If I try to even find the forum I'm lost.
  • I'm lost everywhere with Adobe.
  • I hate Adobe because it does not understand its customers. 
  • We're not all linear graduates of film production schools with computer science backgrounds.
  • Some of us are creative types where videos is only a small part of what we do.
  • I hate trying to figure out anything in Adobe because the forums and help files are useless. They are hugely detailed and text-oriented and overhwleming when all you need is a reminder or a nudge or a quick tip.
  • For that I refer to the huge number of Youtube tutorials who have populated the Internet simply nbecause Adobe is usless at talking to its customers. 
  • So, Adobe, goodbye.
  • Can your bean counters quantify in terms of lost revenue?
  • Not everybody confirms to your ideal model of a customer.
  • There's me. And  thousands of others, I hope. 

Mod Note: Sorry for the frustration but your implied profanity has been removed. Avoid profanity, even if implied. We have minors reading here. Please do no not rant: Address product quality on User Voice, not here. This is largely a user-to-user forum with questions answered by users like you. Be respectful of Adobe community guidelines. Thank You.

GG,

Sorry for the frustration. Can you be more specific? Are you talking about Clip Markers or Sequence Markers? Markers in the Source Monitor, Program Monitor, or Markers in the Timeline? Please check the contextual menus in these areas of the UI. There are multiple ways to show and hide markers in each panel. 

These forums are largely user to user. If you want to speak to devs about product quality and the kind of help you are not receiving with it, do so here.

Thanks,
Kevin 

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Markers do not work.

Engaged ,
Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Markers do not work. That's all there is to say about it. Markers do note work. I type an M and nothing happens.

• If I do the same thing in Final Cut, I see a marker.
  • I think Adobe Premiere is better than Final Cut but I'm going back to Final Cut because Adobe has zero help for this type of issue.
  • If I try to even find the forum I'm lost.
  • I'm lost everywhere with Adobe.
  • I hate Adobe because it does not understand its customers. 
  • We're not all linear graduates of film production schools with computer science backgrounds.
  • Some of us are creative types where videos is only a small part of what we do.
  • I hate trying to figure out anything in Adobe because the forums and help files are useless. They are hugely detailed and text-oriented and overhwleming when all you need is a reminder or a nudge or a quick tip.
  • For that I refer to the huge number of Youtube tutorials who have populated the Internet simply nbecause Adobe is usless at talking to its customers. 
  • So, Adobe, goodbye.
  • Can your bean counters quantify in terms of lost revenue?
  • Not everybody confirms to your ideal model of a customer.
  • There's me. And  thousands of others, I hope. 

Mod Note: Sorry for the frustration but your implied profanity has been removed. Avoid profanity, even if implied. We have minors reading here. Please do no not rant: Address product quality on User Voice, not here. This is largely a user-to-user forum with questions answered by users like you. Be respectful of Adobe community guidelines. Thank You.

GG,

Sorry for the frustration. Can you be more specific? Are you talking about Clip Markers or Sequence Markers? Markers in the Source Monitor, Program Monitor, or Markers in the Timeline? Please check the contextual menus in these areas of the UI. There are multiple ways to show and hide markers in each panel. 

These forums are largely user to user. If you want to speak to devs about product quality and the kind of help you are not receiving with it, do so here.

Thanks,
Kevin 

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Markers working as expected on my system. Mac OS.

MtD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 10, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Markers do not work.

Markers do work, but 'M' needs a target. Specifically...

If you open media in the Source monitor and type 'M', you'll get a marker at the current time. 'M' also works if you have a sequence open, and the timeline is active.

Sorry you haven't found the forums or help system useful. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 10, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you have changed the "M" shortcut by mistake and it no longer create markers.

Go to Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts

samisuccar_0-1591860791734.png

Then make sure that Add Marker has the assigned desired shortcut.

samisuccar_1-1591860858593.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2020 0
Participant ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, 

as with every complex software it´s a steam learning curve. 

I worked on Avid Mc and Final Cut too. 

Some things are easy on Avid other on FCP and some are easier on Premiere. 

It does not matter where you come from or what you background is. 

Editing by itself is a pretty complex task. 

You have pictures, sound, music, video .... And you apply it into a system that has to deal with it. 

By entering the first step you can make a lot of mistakes. 

youtube is greate but it´s not my plattform of choise. 

I use lynda.com 

the tutorials are listed from beginners to advanced users. 

And then there are tutorials for special tasks. 

If you realy want to master the app and the Markers then you need to take some time and be a little patient. 

Sometimes it´s good to take a workshop. I had a lot of workshops in the beginning. 

But I have to admit, the markers in PP are not as advanced as in Avid. 

I too feel sometimes lost. 

But this is me not taking the time to explore it better. 

I am not blaming the app or the programmer. 

If you have sugestions for the changing of the marker system then lets hear what you would like. 

there is a forum only for us the users, where we can propose new features. 

it´s called feature request:

here is a link for this: 

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

here is a link to some of the tutorials of lynda: 

https://www.lynda.com/premiere-pro-training-tutorials/287-0.html?category=video_78

And if you want to make a degree: 

https://www.fxphd.com/details/538/

this is the best you can do from home. 

In the end I would suggest a workshop. 

there you can get all the answers in a second. 

I hope you find this interesting. 

I was very lucky when I started I had realtime support. 

Without this telefon support I would have been lost so many times.

That´s why I take the time to answer your question.

I wish you all the good and a lot of light in your life.

kind regards

Peter Lund 

eachfilm.de 

I speak german, english,spanish specs: iMac iMac.27" 17.1 Intel Core i7 processor:4 GHz Ram :32 GB Premiere CC 14.0.1 German Version. Handle ohne zu tun; ohne Anstrengung arbeiten. Stell dir das Kleine gross vor und das Wenige als Viel. Beschäftige mit dem Schwierigen, solange es noch einfach ist. Erfülle die große Aufgabe durch viele kleine Taten. Act without doing; work without effort. Think of the small as large and the few as many. Confront the difficult while it is still easy; accomplish the great task by a series of small acts.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GG,

Thanks,
Kevin 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the tone of my post. If you can remove it please do so.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your tone, while strong, is fine; you're right, that behavior _is_ frustrating, and not well documented. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone for your help and I sincerely regret the tone of my posting. I've been enjoying learning Premiere and will continue to use it, partly because I know there are people like you who genuinely try to help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2020 0