• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Markers inserting at different points for audio and video

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on a project and having issues with markers inserting at different points on the video and audio tracks. I typically put a marker on the linked audio and video selection, and the marker will insert at the same location on the audio and video tracks. In my master project it's working fine - but in this particular subsequence, the markers are a few seconds off. I suspect it has something to do with timecode but I can't figure it out. 

Running Premiere v14.4.0 on a 2017 iMac 4.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 memory. Thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 3.41.02 PM.png

 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christian5EE7,

Sorry about this weird experience. Have you checked that the video and audio tracks are not unlinked accidentally and are shifted by a few frames? Also, is this happening to all the clips in that sequence or any specific one?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumeet – it's happening to all the clips in the sequence. And unfortunately the tracks are definitely linked and synced still – just double checked. Thank you for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

embed.jpg

...so we dont have to download unknown files: we help you, you help us. Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the photo embedded.Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 6.27.41 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn on Display Out of Sync Indicators for unlinked clips in the Pref/Timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann - I turned on the Display Out of Sync Indicators and I'm still encountering the same problem. I don't see any indicators - potentially because I manually synced and linked the audio and video tracks. Thanks so much for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are these "linked" ... ? Did they come that way from a camera, or have you added sound to the video ... or moved the audio track on the timeline somehow?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil, thanks for the help. 

I added the sound to the video - recorded separately - and synced with a slate at the beginning of the take. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That might be the culprite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2023 Sep 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having this same issue, also with audio that was recorded seperately and synced with timecode - is there a way to solve this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines