Highlighted

Markers première pro

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I am really struggling with markers in première pro. I made markers in the clips by dragging Them one at a time in the source monitor. Now I would really like to have a written overview of my markers WITHOUT dragging ALL my media clips in the timeline (as I am making a documentary). Is this possible and how?

If this is not possible, then I have another problem: when I do dragg ALL my media clips tot the timeline, to get an overview of all the markers or across different clips, the markers are not popping up in the program monitor of source monitor when I click Them.

So to be clear, I would like to see ALL the markers at once of all the clips. I would like to avoid having to select one clip then seeing only those markers etcetera. 

Would love to get some answers haha. Hope it is clear what I want and that someone can help me. Would really appreciate it!! ❤️

Nuria

Topics

Editing, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Markers première pro

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I am really struggling with markers in première pro. I made markers in the clips by dragging Them one at a time in the source monitor. Now I would really like to have a written overview of my markers WITHOUT dragging ALL my media clips in the timeline (as I am making a documentary). Is this possible and how?

If this is not possible, then I have another problem: when I do dragg ALL my media clips tot the timeline, to get an overview of all the markers or across different clips, the markers are not popping up in the program monitor of source monitor when I click Them.

So to be clear, I would like to see ALL the markers at once of all the clips. I would like to avoid having to select one clip then seeing only those markers etcetera. 

Would love to get some answers haha. Hope it is clear what I want and that someone can help me. Would really appreciate it!! ❤️

Nuria

Topics

Editing, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere has two types of markers, Clip markers and Sequence markers. Clip markers appear directly on the clips in a sequence, Sequence markers are shown on the timeline panel at the top along the frame/time counter indicators.

The general assumption seems that we'll use more clip than sequence I think. The Markers panel is where you see them listed for any sequence open in a timeline, with any 'name' you've given them and description.

• No clip selected, you'll see all the Sequence markers for the sequence.
  • If you have a clip selected on a sequence, you'll see markers for that clip only.
  • If you have the Marker's panel menu set for 'show all clip markers in sequence'  you'll see all Clip markers in the Marker panel for that sequence at the same time.

And there is no way to show ALL markers, both Clip and Sequence, in the Marker panel.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Thank you so much for your answer. It is quite clear. I have only one
question left: I have just put all the clips that I marked in source
monitor (so in the clip) in my timeline. I now see a overview of all the
markers, super! But, if i click on one of the markers, the particular
marker does NOT show up in the source or program monitor. Is there any way
I can fix this? Thanks in advance for your time!

Kind regards,

Nuria

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video might be of some interest.

https://youtu.be/7V64u1GXo6w

A short video that show how to use markers in Premiere Pro.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The markers are listed in the Marker panel. As the Source monitor is 'source' material, really clips, clip markers will appear on the 'timeline' at the bottom of the Source panel.

The Program monitor shows sequences, not clips. So only sequence monitors show in the 'timeline' at the bottom of the Program monitor.

You can double-click a sequence marker, and it will open a dialog for that marker so you can see/edit it.

Clip markers only appear as a box in the Markers dialog. You can use the keyboard shortcuts for next marker (Shift-M) and previous marker (Ctrl/Cmd-Shift M) when the Timeline panel has focus to move to the nex/previous marker ... and when you do, that marker's background turns a lighter gray in the Marker panel so you know which one it is. And edit it there in the Marker's panel.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines