• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Marking clips while playing

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to mark clips while they are playing in premiere. I'm used to editing on Avid where I can hit my marker key to add a marker which opens the diagolue box at the same time to type my comment all while the footage is continuing to play. Is there a way to do this in premiere?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Matthew,

As far as I know you can put markers on clips by pressing the M key while the media is playing, that shouldn't be a problem but when you right click on the same marker to open the dialogue box the media stops.

I know it is not an answer to your question but let's get this thread going. It is an interesting topic!

Otto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If pressing the marker key would both place the marker and open the dialogue box to type a comment that would be ideal. Also, another helpful thing Avid does is give you a little banner with the marker text in the program or source monitor when you snap to it on the clip. It seems in Premiere I have to open the "edit marker" window on each individual marker if I want to read what I wrote. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can have the marker window open to see the name of the markers and if you give the marker a duration the name will appear in the timeline or in the clip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and if you hover the cursor over the marker, the name appears.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you that's good to know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines