• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mask - Active between Keyframes Only

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a masked region and even though keyframes are set, masked region is active outside of keyframes -- for entire sequence. I'm trying to hide branding items that are moving.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand.  are you saying the mask is moving when there's no repositioning in the keyframes? maybe post a screenshot of your effects controls for the clip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mgrenadier,

I apologize for being vague. Here's a brief description of my clip and the actions I've taken. The screenshot (left side) shows the blur mask at 7:21. The right side shows the same clip at beginning. I thought keyframes are used to 'contain' the effect. Details of Edit:

Drag Fast Blur video effect onto Track
FYI .. Track is duplicated because Scale & Blur were added to fill borders after I made video square.
On duplicated track, Blur Mask added at 7:15.
Outline branding
Set Blurriness
Click Mask Path (Stop Watch icon)
Keyframe appears on timeline
Mask Path Settings = Position, Scale & Rotation
Click Mask Path one frame forward
Adjust mask border to keep blur on "branding"
At 7:21, I click Mask Path keyframe to turn off effect.tracking.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean by "click Mask Path keyframe to turn off effect."  do you mean you click the stop watch?  If so, you should get a warning that you'll be deleting all keyframes.  I'd blade the clip at the first frame of the mask and after the last frame of the mask, so that the mask is only there where needed.   When I do something like this, I duplicate the clip directly above itself, apply the blur effect to that clp and create the mask in the opacity section of the effects controls.  Is that what you're doing?  sorry if I'm not understanding what you're doing.  I don't do this that often and when I do, I usually have to figure it out again.   Nobody else seems to be helping, so I'll do my best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many ways to get this done.

Clicking the Mask Path Keyframe does not turn off the effect. Keyframes are used to adjust the values as desired, and not turning on/off.

1 - You can cut the clip using the razor tool and delete the effect completely where it's not needed.

2 - You can add keyframes to the blurriness value and set it to zero where you don't want it to be blurred.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sami,

Thank you. With your second tip, I was able to finish editing my video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines