Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mask and auto keyframe problem

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, 

i've been doing this so many times and i don't know what is the problem now. 

I'm doing a simple Mask transition, while using keyframes with mask path it does not make an automatic keyframe every move i do with the mask (that it usually need to be done) any idea ?? 

i can try an add somehow a short video of the problem.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

You seem to have a combination of speed reversal and time remapping. 

Nest your clip and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Like Mike_Dziennik suggested, it's usually a good idea to separate some effects in PPro through nesting.

For example, time remapping should preferably be done on a clean layer (i.e. no other motion effects).

Your clip indicates that it is set to -100%. Please Nest this clip and then start working on the desired masking.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to have a combination of speed reversal and time remapping. 

Nest your clip and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

embed.jpg

Please do NOT add images via the "attach files" box, as you are then forcing everyone to DOWNLOAD the file to view it outside their browser. Drag/drop the image files directly ONTO your reply box so other users can see them without needing to download unknown strange files.
Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Mike_Dziennik suggested, it's usually a good idea to separate some effects in PPro through nesting.

For example, time remapping should preferably be done on a clean layer (i.e. no other motion effects).

Your clip indicates that it is set to -100%. Please Nest this clip and then start working on the desired masking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been experiencing this issue. For me, it seems to have something to do wtih me making adjustments to the path before I finish it. If I do that, it seems to be automatically converted to a shape layer instead of a mask layer. I've stopped making adjustments to the path when I first create it. Instead, I complete it, click off of it and then adjust it after the fact. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines