Mask desync when rendering

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, 

I have a text with a mask so it is covered by a Monster can (photos below). When I render everything, Premiere Pro just screw up the mask as you can see in the photos. My "solution" was to disable CUDA and use "software only", but with that disabled Premiere Pro is incredibly slow, I can't even render a single clip without taking more than half an hour.

 This is before rendering:

Bien.png

 This is after rendering:

Mal.png

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or it's just a bug. Any help is welcome.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @pablob49334354 ,

I don't see any difference between the two screenshots above. Am I miising something?

You did not share your timeline so can't see how the sequence is built.

If the Monster can is a Photoshop PSD file with transparency, you're good to go.

hth

mj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @pablob49334354 ,

Checking in.

did you come right with this problem?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mj ,

Here is the timeline, sorry for cropping the image:

Timeline.png

 The can is a moving object with ultra key applied. The text is revealed when the can moves from one side to the other. Unfortunately, as you can see, when I render the video, the text is not aligned with the edge of the can.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @pablob49334354 ,

np.

Thank you for the timeline screenshot.

If the can is a Photoshop PSD file, you can move it above the text layer. This way, you won't have to key it and you can have the can move across the text as you would like.

Hope that helps.

mj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mj ,

Unfortunately that is not the case. The can is actually a video of it spinning in front of a green screen, so when it rotates it also scrolls from the left side of the screen to the right side, revealing the text, which has a moving mask applied to it. Hope I explained good enough, because this is not my native language hahaha.

The problem I have is that I made the mask, keyframe by keyframe, snap to the edge of the can, but when I render, the mask, the can, and the text all move a little bit, so when you play everything back is out of sync.

This is another keyframe of the can moving back to the left side, hidding the text, the first one is before the render and the last one is after:

Bien.png

Mal.png

  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, as I said before, if I disable CUDA the problem is gone, but then it's impossible to work with Premiere as it is slow as hell.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mj ,

I really appreciate your help here. I found that when I export my footage with the correct settings, the final video shows the masked text correctly, so the issues seem to show only when I view it through the preview in Premiere. I guess I have to deal with it while editing.

Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @pablob49334354 ,

Thanks for the heads up.

It distracts from the creativ process right?

What happens on the timeline if you pre-render the sequence?

Here's a resource you may want to check out.

hope you get sorted man

mj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the settings of your preview files (inside sequence settings), that should be able to help viewing it correctly.

Also sometimes, some preview files are not "correctly" rendered, so maybe deleting the preview files can also help

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines