Highlighted

Mask Path Keyframes - Not Interpolating

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologise if this has been answered elsewhere, but I haven't been able to find a solution to the exact issue I've been having.

Lately, when I've been trying to mask out a moving clip using either Crop or Opacity masks in Premiere Pro CC 2019, I've been finding that the Mask Path keyframes will not interpolate between each other as they're supposed to, rather jumping to the next keyframe on that frame and sticking to it until the next keyframe comes along. This forces me to keyframe every single frame, which, along with being far more time-consuming, inevitably leads to some jittering edges since it's near-impossible to place the points as accurately between two keys as the program can. This feature used to work perfectly for me in previous versions of the software and I could create high-quality masks relatively quickly, but now it's a time-consuming mess with less-than-desirable results.

Does anyone have any idea of a solution to this issue? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Mask Path Keyframes - Not Interpolating

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologise if this has been answered elsewhere, but I haven't been able to find a solution to the exact issue I've been having.

Lately, when I've been trying to mask out a moving clip using either Crop or Opacity masks in Premiere Pro CC 2019, I've been finding that the Mask Path keyframes will not interpolate between each other as they're supposed to, rather jumping to the next keyframe on that frame and sticking to it until the next keyframe comes along. This forces me to keyframe every single frame, which, along with being far more time-consuming, inevitably leads to some jittering edges since it's near-impossible to place the points as accurately between two keys as the program can. This feature used to work perfectly for me in previous versions of the software and I could create high-quality masks relatively quickly, but now it's a time-consuming mess with less-than-desirable results.

Does anyone have any idea of a solution to this issue? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 18, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont use the mask feature of the crop effect: they dont go together very well.

I have seen quirky behavior on masks.

Have you tried the clip in a single sequence?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2019 2
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused.

If you Track a Mask, it will create keyframes on every single frame, so there's nothing to interpolate.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2019 1
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dominick

looks like no noe here understood your question well / or gave you a solution. 

I am strugling with exaly same problem with interpopation of mask path. Have you figured it out?

Please let me know. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this exact same issue

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Describe your steps, Jacob. Please also give us info on your system and media. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem. I go into oppacity, create a mask in the middle, start and end of the clip, and instead of morphing between the 3 masks i made, it jumps harshly from one mask to another. my media is Full HD 25p at 50M XAVC S HD, system is a i7 8750H, a 2080 max q, Crucial 32GB 2400MHz RAM and 500GB Samsung nvme m.2 ssd

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 01, 2020 0
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're creating mulitiple masks? Wrong.

Create one mask, and then use the track forward/back controls to tell Premiere to track the masked item that direction. If it gets off, stop it, delete a few keyframes and reset one or two manually, then continue the tracking. Those are the little left/right arrows in the mask controls in the ECP. As in the image below.

Neil

Mask Tracking Controls.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not making multiple masks, in hindsight, i expressed myself very poorly. i make one mask, go to the end, deform it, and there is no interpolation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 01, 2020 0
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For that, you would need to select the keyframes and set the type of interpolation you want. Linear, bezier, whatever.

I'm not sure why you do that rather than use the tracking though.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 01, 2020 0