Highlighted

Mask

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded a movie scene from youtube and I'm trying to mask a character out so I can put myself in the scene. If that makes since

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Mask

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded a movie scene from youtube and I'm trying to mask a character out so I can put myself in the scene. If that makes since

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't said what you want to know or if you are having a problem. If you're asking on "how to mask something out and track it" then you should do a search for that on YouTube. There are thousands of tutorials on the subject of tracking and masking (and then replace). After Effects is a better product for this too but you can get it sort of done in Premiere if need be.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 1
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bad. I would like to remove a character from a scene so I can replace the characater with myself. I used a green screen

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Part of the process would be keying yourself out, in which case you should watch some tutorials on using Ultra Key in Premiere Pro.

But if you are removing a character from the other shot, that is not a simple task. You need to recreate the background without the other character in it. The level of difficulty is obviously going to be highly dependent on the complexity of the shot, camera movement, etc., but it can involve quite a bit of work between both After Effects and Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you prefer learning how to use the ultra key in Premiere or After effects?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ultra Key in Premiere works fine for basic things and if you have a nice, easy key, but you have a bit more control in AE, and more tools to deal with problematic keys.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly do you want to do with the character? You could apply one of video effects (like Mosaic or Blur) and then apply a mask to it and track the mask.

That's just one idea.

We don't really know what you want to do here unless you tell us 😉

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bad. I would like to remove a character so I can replace the characater with myself. I used a green screen

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We understand what you are wanting to do. Did you have a question or did you just want to tell us your plans?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0