• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Masking Help

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have one item on my timeline that consists of a rectangle Shape that grows left to right over 20 frames and some text on top. I have applied a mask on the text as a reveal - all works fine. I now want to duplicate the layer and edit the text and reduce the size to create multline callout image. The Challenge is when I paste the copy onto a new layer then move the image down or left or right or reduce/increase size the mask stay in the same position and is the same size as the mask on the orginal layer???
What am I missing doing wrong ??

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshots please now its just guessing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-06-28 at 19.29.01.pngScreenshot 2021-06-28 at 19.29.37.pngScreenshot 2021-06-28 at 19.44.30.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me know if there is anything in particular you would like to look at ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can reproduce your 'issue'.

You will have to adjust the mask, as in move the mask up/down in the copied layer.

The mask is relative to the frame, not the text. Hence, the disappearing of the text in the copied layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, many thanks

BUT here is the million dollar question $$$ how has this guy done this, bit of editing !!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwqmaCtKN6Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10 minutes in ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I see,

Looks like the mask does not get copied over correctly in 15.2. (tutorial is from an older version)

You will have to move it down manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this is a bug or by design. I am guessing the latter.

Behavior in the EGP has changed quite a lot over time.

If you nest before copying, the mask is in the 'correct' position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help... To be honest I was a little intrigued as to why the author was creating call outs in PP instead of AE. Will try the nesting solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not everybody has access to Ae. So that might be a good reason for making stuff in Pr.

I, for one, like to do everything in Pr but sometimes it's too cumbersome and will resort to Ae.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines