• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Massive issues with Dynamic Link, Exporting, Mogrts between Premiere Pro 14.5 and After Effects 17.5

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since the latest update, I've been experiencing issues with Dynamic Link as well as Mograph templates all of a sudden. I'm on the latest build of Windows 10. Here are a list of issues:

1. Errors exporting Mograph templates from After Effects 17.5. Dialogue box pops up which says something like "Checking Adobe Fonts" and spins endlessly, even when I'm not using any Adobe fonts in the template. I have to manually cancel. Importing the template into Premiere Pro 14.5 randomly causes some layers to not even appear. Seems to be an expressions related error, possibly Legacy expressions from After Effects. 

2. Random H.264 compiler error when  exporting from Premiere Pro 14.5. This literally never happened to me before this update. I have never once had issues exporting in the standard H.264 format.

3. Importing a Mograph template into Premiere Pro twice causes them to stop working with either "Media Pending" or "Media Offline" screens. 1st import works, but 2nd import breaks all instances of 1st import on the timeline. Only happens in certain projects.

4. Errors with Dynamic link. Premiere Pro via Media Encoder is rendering older After Effects compositions and doesn't seem to be using the most recent version numbered files. This does not happen when exporting directly from Premiere, however when going through Media Encoder, it is occuring. I've deleted the Media Cache in Premiere and Disc Cache in After Effects and the issue persists, even after restarting both programs. I can see the correct After Effects compositions in my Premiere Pro timeline, but when I view the timeline in Media Encoder, it shows the old compositions.

I've never experienced so many issues after upgrading. These latest versions of Premiere Pro and After Effects are BROKEN. Extremely frustrated. I am going back to the previous versions until at least 2 bug fixes have been released. Ridiculous Adobe.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having similar issues:

1. When adding a MOGRT using importMGT I can get it to load, but when my program exports to Media encoder they all appear offline. They export offline as well even though they appear correct in Premier Pro
  2. When using importGMTFormLibrary, I cannot get it to load at all, not getting any useful debut messages.

I've tried opening my MOGRT in latest version of AE and re-exporting in case it was a compatibility issue, but I get the same end result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's an option in the General tab of Media Encoder for "Premiere Pro" "Import sequences natively" you might check that and try again. Also, delete the PP media cache also.

• Start PP from it's normal desktop icon (IE: don't open from a project file link).
Close the Open/Home screen (and you will be in PP without a project open).
• Go into Edit/Preferences/Media Cache (Mac users adjust menu name)
• Then Press: Remove Media Cache Files: and Delete...
• Select: Delete all media cache files from the system and OK
Close PP - It will create any needed cache files on the fly as you edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines