We use a lot of ARRI Alexa and Amira footage and normally the LogC-to-Rec709 camera LUT is automatically applied by Premiere Pro as a masterclip effect by default. We have several projects where a different editor colored coorected the footage using Lumetri combined with this camera LUT that is embeded via default on the masterclip by Premiere - but it is not showing up now that I have taken the project to a new computer to work on it. I see the lumetri effect on the masterclip, and I can see the Amira_Embeded_LUT that is tagged in Creative section as a LUT - but when I turn on and off the lumetri effect, the effect doesn't do anything. Its clearly a bug because - the exported videos from just last week I can see the LUT baked into the footage - and it also shows up in the rendered files that still exist on the sequence - but if I blow away the render files, the color obviously goes away becase the Lumetri effect isn't working properly when attached to the Masterclip with a embeded LUT. PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS - THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY.
The only other thing I have found online is this creative cow thread with some people that have the same issue as me - but their "fix" doesn't work https://creativecow.net/forums/thread/masterclip-luts-intermittently-stop-displaying/
We have had many issues like this is the past as well. Our solution has been to always remove the Master clip LUT and applying that LUT at the level of the timeline (directly on the clips) instead. This has avoided some problems in the past for us when sharing projects over the network. However another problem with these LUTS occurs when you archive your projects through consolidate or collect media. LUTS would also disappear or re-appear making for non graded, incompletely graded or double graded footage in those projects. Extremely annoying.
They have however actually changed the behaviour with ARRI/AMIRA Luts since version 14.5. The main reason probably because of the project bloat it caused when it was automatically applied as master clip effects. We are still mainly on 14.3 for stability reasons, but I am curious to see if this new method changes anything about these kinds of problems. But I still have testing to do on this.
FYI: you now no longer have the LUT applied as a master clip effect, but it is embedded instead under a new color managment tab under "interpret footage" right click menu. (R-Click on a clip or series of clips in the project window and go to modify - interpret footage).
Thanks! The color mangment tab change is good to know for future projects when starting workflow - at least now I know to get rid of all the amira LUTs from the footage from the very beginning using the disable masterclip effects and using the color managment tab - but this still doesnt help old projects where it was already colored/client approved and now the color isn't showing up - super annoying and seems like a huge bug that Adobe and Arri should fix as this is professional grade footage and is an expensive camera to rent and use - so its unexcusable that working with the footage has a bug like this .
This has beome a mess with Premiere in the lastest version. I'm on 14.6 and my ARRI lut situation in Premiere has become a problem. The LUT is now applied randomly to some imported clips and not others, inside the same bin, same import method/settings. It is not impossible to "disable master clip effects" as it was in the past. Some of my clips are stuck with LUTs on, even though in Finder I can confirm that they were shot in LOG (and I shot them so knew this anyway). I am familiar with the Interpret Footage menu item from going there to conform slow motion footage on DSLR's, but I'm going there now and there is no Color tab or setting the way jdyeaton is suggesting. Thank you though, jd, for your time and trying. Nothing seems to be working on our end. Very frustrating for a "pro" editor to be having issues like this pop up with the industry standard camera and files. Hoping someone from Adobe can help.
We are having the same problem its driving me bonkers. So I have disabled the master clip and am having to go through each clip individual and readding the grade only to find on export it doubles up the Amira grade! Such a horrible bug and using up so much time