• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Matchframe on a subclip in source monitor will not load the master clip

Participant ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hit  F (plus combinations such as Command + F, etc.)  in the source monitor on a subclip to see what master clip it came from, and nothing happens.  What am I missing to make this work?

Premiere 14.3.1. MacPro Mojave 10.14.6

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

I figured it out.  Looks like you need to checkmark the box "Restrict trims to subclip boundaries" in order for it to matchframe to master clip.  Without that box checked, the clip will not match frame to master.

Next question is can I change the parameters on the subclips I've already made that did not restrict trims to boundaries so I can get the match frame function to work on them?  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out.  Looks like you need to checkmark the box "Restrict trims to subclip boundaries" in order for it to matchframe to master clip.  Without that box checked, the clip will not match frame to master.

Next question is can I change the parameters on the subclips I've already made that did not restrict trims to boundaries so I can get the match frame function to work on them?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, right click on subclip and select "Edit subclip."  In window, check the box "Restrict trims to boundaries."  A bit of relief to know that is can be undone.  Making a subclip that can't match back to the master - why would you ever not want to be able to do this?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, Lori. It's one of those minor features that didn't get changed when the newer feature of being able to create a subclip without boundaries came in, which didn't exist until maybe around CS6 or so. While the explanation is pretty boring, you'll find stuff like this here and there. If you want to let the team know about the bug, file here, if you have time: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm so thankful to have found this thread. I've thought for years that subclips didn't match frame to the master clip. It's been the bane of my editing existence. 

I know now to create subclips by ticking that box to restrict trims to boundaries. But I don't understand why anyone would work with subclips that cannot be extended. What if you need to add an effect between 2 subclips? You have to manually go in a menu and uncheck the restrict trim box. And then you lose the option to match frame to the source clip because you cannot add the restriction afterward. I'd get rid of that restrict trim box altogether. It's useless. Subclips were always unrestricted in FCP7 and AVID (NLE's I've used) and match framing to master clip worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines