• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Matching Prores HQ footage from different cameras with different bit rate sources

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't shot yet, but I will be trying to match footage from a Canon C100 Mark ii and a Canon C300 Mark ii.  Both will record externally to Atomos recorders at 10 bit ProRes HQ.  But the Canon C100 Mark ii is 8 bit sampled up to 10 bit when recording externally.  The C300 mark ii will be 10 bit to 10 bit.  Will I come across any issues trying to use the Lumetri Color panel to automatically match colors since the footage from the C100 mark ii has been upsampled and is not native 10 bit?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other than the "upsampled quasi-8-bit" may band a bit quicker, no. Premiere handles all media on a sequence in 32-bit float period. So in processing it's completely bit-depth 'agnostic'.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It won't matter. I use atomos ninja on nikon d800. It put the uncompressed signal into DNxHD 220x ( for my purpose... could be prores, but I have PC ). Anyway, the new 'space' from atomos is 10 bit 4.2.2 with high bitrate. The camera to SD card is mov h264 which is horrible.

The color from chip ( uncompressed) is the same 4.2.0. So, I don't gain any color quality and frankly doubt it would be visible for my work. But now that I am using the atomos stuff my editing is in a higher space and when I add graphics or effects etc. it is happier.

Just be aware, if recording sound in camera, there may be a lag in timing so slate your shots if you can.

It makes it faster to fix that lag ( for me it's 5 frames ).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The color from chip ( uncompressed) is the same 4.2.0

it's not UPSAMPLED... there's no conversion. It's still 4.2.0 in a 4.2.2 file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines