• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

matte size

Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me start by saying I don't know what I am doing, but need help. I'm trying to create a tracking matte to mask a video. I created a .png that is the actual size of the masked object. When I look at the object before I assign it to the mask it is the correct size. After I apply the mask I have to resize the mask by 270% to get it to be the correct size. I assume everything is working correctly and the problem is just that I don't know what I am doing. Can anyone help me?

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing...I tried to create a color matte in Premiere Pro assuming I would get a different result, but I didn't. Could there be a stroke around it or something shrinking the surface area down??? I don't know!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to use a track matte, the matte (your png) needs to have the same resolution (regardless of the size of the object) as the video otherwise you get strange results.

Best is to learn the Ess. graphics.

In screenshot, I masked an image with a custom white shape.

You can animate the mask and the image separately.

mask with custom shape.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Depending on if you move and scale the video track or the matte you might experience some problems as seen in the video link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiXEhP8TH7c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines