Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Maxed out XPS 17 9700 Can't Export w/o Crashing

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I recently convinced my boss to upgrade from my 2018 xps 15 9560 to the highest-end xps 17 9700 to help cut down transcode and export times with 4k footage.

(Almost) Everytime I try and export my timeline, it crashes about 3/4 of the way through with the "error compile 3" message.

I'm using the identical process and export settings I used previously with the 9560, which hasn't crashed in 2 years. H.264, 24fps, 1920x1080. This happens both from Premiere and Media Encoder.

The only way I have gotten this to work is to pre-render the timeline and export with previews. This seems like a step backwards for a powerhouse laptop.

I have also been suggested to use software encoding, but that takes far too long.

Anybody else experiencing this?

I am running the most up to date version of adobe, windows 10 pro, drivers, etc.

10th gen i9, 2060, 64gb ram, 2 tb ssd with plenty of space.

Thanks!

Adam

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have the latest Nvidia STUDIO driver installed, not the Game driver.

NVIDIA Studio Driver | 460.89 | Windows 10 64-bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked like a charm. I thought Dell Assist had installed all the latest drivers I needed!

Thank you!

Ps. Rendering 4k clips with a LUT now takes less than 1/3 of the time! 🙂

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Always get your driver from the manufacturer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines