Media Browser

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'm just new but this seemed to change literally overnight with zero input from me:

It used to be that you dragged something from Finder into the media browser and then the media browser was where you went to look through all the media you imported for the project. Now the media browser is just a literal file browser (and is extremely cumbersome to boot). Why can't I simply look at all my imported media in one place? 

TOPICS
How to, Import, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Media Browser

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'm just new but this seemed to change literally overnight with zero input from me:

It used to be that you dragged something from Finder into the media browser and then the media browser was where you went to look through all the media you imported for the project. Now the media browser is just a literal file browser (and is extremely cumbersome to boot). Why can't I simply look at all my imported media in one place? 

TOPICS
How to, Import, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Media Browser is just that - a browser for finding, inporting and replacing files. Once you've imported media, it will appear in your 'Project' panel and within that you can have bins. It's in the Project Window that you want to work from when looking and interacting with all your media. If you don't have it open go to the Premiere pro 'window' menu and select 'projects'.

Hope that helps.

PS. you don't have to use the Media Browser to bring media into Premiere Pro. You can drag it straight to the Project Panel

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks for pointing that out. Looks like the workplace layout changed without my permission suddenly and they hid Project and replaced it with Media Browser, and since they removed the ability to save custom workspaces, I guess I'll just have to stay on my toes with regards to any other suddent changes they make when the app is closed. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0