Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My current drive is

1. NVME OS/Premiere apps/media cache 500GB drive

2. PROJECT / scratch SSD  250GB

3. NVME 1TB (Other source files)

There is. I see a lot of ways to register media cache files and ask questions in question. What I'm talking about is using a translator and it can be awkward.

I want to know why I have to specify the media cache file and scratch disk separately.
 how to change it if I change it in the current environment.

If you can put everything in 1TB of nvme instead of specifying it separately, I would like to do that.

What I currently want to configure

1. NVME OS/Premiere apps 500GB

2. PROJECT  SSD  250GB

3. NVME 1TB media cashe / scratch  / Other original video, source file

Is it okay to configure this? First, number 1 can never be changed.
If the difference between NVME and SSD is not so big, I would like to designate the SSD as a scratch disk, but in the current use, I saw that NVME loads the cache much faster.

What if I configure the best environment with my current configuration?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

I'm not sure if its a language issue, so excuse me if so, but ended with:

"What if I configure the best environment with my current configuration?"

So the answer to that is... nothing! Go ahead and do that.

šŸ™‚

If you meant, should I use the SSD, etc... I would leave everything at the default location (it will be the #1 NVME drive) and then put your clips and project all on the #3 NVME. That's it. You can use the SSD for a local backup (so you have it on another drive than #3). Also, you can pu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if its a language issue, so excuse me if so, but ended with:

"What if I configure the best environment with my current configuration?"

So the answer to that is... nothing! Go ahead and do that.

šŸ™‚

If you meant, should I use the SSD, etc... I would leave everything at the default location (it will be the #1 NVME drive) and then put your clips and project all on the #3 NVME. That's it. You can use the SSD for a local backup (so you have it on another drive than #3). Also, you can put recurring assests on the SSD, things you might need here and there.

So, that's how I use mine, and it works really well. With NVMEs we don't need to spread everything out like before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, is it okay to put only os and programs in #1 NVME and use #2 SSD as a project and #3 NVME as a use for everything?

It seems to me that the right answer has not been decided. My explanation is so lacking and my English is not good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, go ahead. You'll waste the #3 if you do it that way. A local Hardware Guru here did some testing and found just 1 nvme was about as fast as anything he tested. Here's a picture of my Task Manager while creating 720p proxies on the V: drive setup as I mentioned above. Note the 100% GPU and CPU utilization, and the 4% on the nvme.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I really don't get a sense of how to organize it. According to the screenshot, it seems that two NVMEs are not necessary, and only one NVME and one SSD is sufficient. Is it correct I understand?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you need a more definite answer.

#1 NVME 500GB
#2 SSD 250GB
#3 NVME 1TB,

The current answer is that #1 NVME installs basic disk cache, OS, and programs

#2 is for local backup and other backup,

#3 NVME seems to be asking for project and work files.

If this is correct, I want to proceed

I don't want to use it if the configuration method I mentioned at first is inefficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current answer is that = You say T_T..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's how I do it. Thats what I suggest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally understood. I'm Korean and I'm really sorry for not being able to explain it properly. Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines