Highlighted

Media Cache Files

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been looking at some media cache files, 'prmdc2' files specifically. I know they are created for each project that is created and contain metadata for each project. I am wanting to know what the long number relates to in the filename. Mine start of with the project name and then a long number/guid. For example projectssa6a945-6812-4585-5489-g64h582677d5.prmdc2

Any help would be greatful.

Thanks

Matt

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Media Cache Files

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been looking at some media cache files, 'prmdc2' files specifically. I know they are created for each project that is created and contain metadata for each project. I am wanting to know what the long number relates to in the filename. Mine start of with the project name and then a long number/guid. For example projectssa6a945-6812-4585-5489-g64h582677d5.prmdc2

Any help would be greatful.

Thanks

Matt

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've no clue why you want that information. I've been using Premiere since CS6 daily, and I've never done anything with media cache files other than delete them every once in a while. I can't even conceive of how this can be of any use to anyone.

So ... why are you asking? What do you expect to do with the answer?

Remember ... cache files routinely get out of date or get corrupted, and Premiere can rebuild them on launch any time. So the only thing as a user you ever do with them is delete them ... the entire cache.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil

I am investigating a case in which videos have been created and was wondering if this long string of numbers/letters linked a project to a certain machine that it was first created on, as all the .prmdc2 cache files have the same string of numbers/letters appended to them. It was a long shot question, I knew the regular users probably wouldn't care what this string of numbers/letters were but was hoping someone did on the off chance.

Thanks for your reply anyway.

Matt

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'd have to connect with the development team to find that sort of thing out. Check the Premier blogs or some of the posts here for staffers to contact.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
mjh1986 LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil I will have a look around for someone to contact.

Matt

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines