Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

media encoder 2020 cant encode at 47.952

Advocate ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have DJI 47.952 h.264 movs 

I've just realised quicktime does not support 47.952, (at least not in media encoder)

I need to convert the h.264's into something that I can edit.  

I can import them into premiere, and interpret them to 25 fps, but then when I try to export them on mass they get added to media encoder queue at the specified fps, but still at the original length (ie ME is converting the fps still, not exporting the interpreted footage). Short of nesting each one into a sequence and exporting that, what can I do?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Handbrake to convert to 48 or 50 fps (constant).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its not variable - it's constant. Does handbrake resample every frame in the footage? wont it just drop frames like media encoder does when you try to change the framerate? I tried handbrake anyway - I only had options for h.264, but it did allow 47.95, but the resulting file was equally as unplayable in premiere as the original (and 5 times the size). 

In the end I did what I said: made sequences from all the interpreted footage clips, and then selected them all and exported as cineform @25fps.  It means I'll have to keep the cineform files, but at least it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines