• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media encoder crashes on queue start with publish option / doesn't save preferences / or error logs

Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i start a queue for a render and after about half a minute or so Adobe Media Encoder starts, normal behaviour so far. I click start on the render queue and after about 1 - 2 minutes the process just crashes with 0% render progress. Troubleshooting steps I've taken rendering with Mercury Playback without OpenCL clearing Media Encoder prefernces under documents. Allocating more memory to Adobe programs.

I could notice that upon restart my program preferences where reset such as alerting me on a finished render also the program wouldn't close properly on normally ending the Window through clicking the X on the top right.

The background process would continue to run for atleast 15 - 30 seconds before completly closing even though I had not loaded a project or queued anything yet. When I remove the publish option to upload directly to YouTube afterwards it renders the video. But don't think this is normal behaviour outputs both audio and video in a seperate container file with the .mp4 (.aac and .m4v).

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So running a queued export without publishing works fine, but adding the publishing step borks the export, correct?

I've rarely used the direct-publish thing, as I like to view any export before delivering. And I've noted that direct publishing gets a number of posts here. Further impetus for me I suppose to avoid it.

Still, it should work. Sometimes the "render in linear color" option borks exports via MediaEncoder, for some odd reason. Perhaps that's an issue here, so try unchecking that option in the Export dialog.

Leave "Max Depth" and "Max Render Quality" unchecked unless 1) you know what they do precisely and 2) you need them for this export.

Make sure that in the MediaEncoder preferences, "import sequence natively" is unchecked.

See if any of the above help.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean exporting without publishing options okay. Might be bugged check. I left most options at default and only started queuing a YouTube 720p preset. Which outputted the video for me afterworks. I'll investigate and see if that's the issue neverthenless Adobe has to fix they should not promise features which are not working.

But I can't edit even preferences for Media Encoder because they keep getting reset upon restarting the program. Does the Media Encoder maybe need administrator priviliges to function properly? As I have Windows 10 setup with explicit split permission between administrator and user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then you may need to run Me in Admin mode. Many PC users need to run Premiere, Ae & Me in Admin mode. I've needed to with some versions on some machines but not others on the same machine.

If I'm getting odd behavior, that's one of the first things I go check.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines