Media Encoder Errors while working with Premiere Pro. Why?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am really tired of seeing error messages pop up for aprogram that is 100% unrelated to the program i am currently using.

Example

I only use Adobe Premiere PRO which means I should not ever be seeing any message related to Adobe Media Encoder for any reason.

APP and AME are 2 completely different things that have nothing to do with each other. th e fact that i'm getting an error message about AME as if APP must run it's export through AME is idiotic.

In fact AME remods me of DVD Shrink, a totally useless program that no one has ever actually explained what it's function does, why anyone would ever ues it, and give an example of it's use and how you would ever be able to use the files after running them trough it.

Adobe Premiere Pro encodes the video on it's own which makes AME totally useless for the same exact reasons DVD shrink is useless.

Mod note: Changed the post title to reflect your issue.

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact AME remods me of DVD Shrink, a totally useless program that no one has ever actually explained what it's function does, why anyone would ever ues it, and give an example of it's use and how you would ever be able to use the files after running them trough it.

By @matthewc18147137

With just a rant it is impossible to help you diagnose why you are getting error messages.

The biggest plus with AME is that you can queue up multiple renders and render them in one go. Iow, you can queue up let´s say ten timelines from Premiere Pro in AME and start the render and walk away and do something else while the renders finishes. AME and Premiere Pro are tightly integrated, so saying that AME is 100% unrelated to Premiere Pro is ignorance.

Best guess:

If you try to export from Premiere Pro and click on the Queue button instead of Export without having AME installed you will indeed get an error message since you only can queue renders in AME.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are apparently unaware of the major cross-connection between the two applications. Me is the 'heart' of the encoding process for the Adobe video apps. Which is why is it normally auto-installed when you install PrPro.

Yes, you can run encoding as a separate process through Me, which is a major usability plus. But some processes like creating proxies run actually directly in Me. Always have.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines