• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media encoder FAILS during "Preparing Audio" when I try and export my video clip

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For 2 days now I have tried to troubleshoot this error I am having on a project I have spent over 2 weeks working on.  When I go to export it to Adobe Encoder, it starts off saying "Preparing Audio (XX of 418)" and around "50-60 of 418" I get the following error in Adobe Encoder:

------------------------------------------------------------
- Encoding Time: 00:00:31
10/18/2020 03:20:29 PM : Encoding Failed
------------------------------------------------------------
A low-level exception occurred in: H.264 (Exporter:9)

Export Error
Error compiling movie.

Export Error

A low-level exception occurred.

Writing with exporter: H.264
Writing to file: C:\Users\wq611e\Desktop\737 Flight Ops SO FA Training Video\test.mp4
Around timecode: 00;00;31;03
Component: H.264 of type Exporter
Selector: 9
Error code: 3

(Note, the "Around timecode" time changes with each error.)

- I've changed the Renderer in Encoder.

- In Premiere Pro I've gone into the Preferences>Media> and deselected "Enable hardware accelarted decoding (requires restart)." and still I am having this problem.

- I have rendered in to out for the ENTIRE video thinking that may be the issue - it wasn't.

- I've tried exporting in different formats, still didn't fix it.

- If I export it directly from Premiere Pro, PP crashes.

I am desperate for answers as I need to give this video to the customer ASAP! The full length of the video is about 2 hours but they are trainign clips that have been divided up between 2-10 minute clips so I'm not exporting a lot of data.   Please, please, please help!

(Running Pemiere Pro v14.0.4 - what work will allow, on Windows 10)

Thanks for your assistance.

Liz Wolter

TOPICS
Audio , Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

It is an error of rendering at the points that Premiere notes. This can happen with footage that doesn't "match up well" for timecodes or effects. I have had this happen for certain audio files and I reencode those in Audition or something and rerender. Other times it's a Lumetri effect that messes with it and I have to remove the effect.. In many cases it's a mystery other than Premiere just can't figure out how to put the audio with the video... sometimes if you have no audio it messes up too,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Oh, that's interesting. I'm having Media Encoder crash repeatedly just after rendering the audio. I've never seen this before, but then it has been a while since I've used audio files from my Zoom H5. I wonder if that has something to do with it. Adobe Support????

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any glitches or anything that might seem like it may cause an error in the video in the timeline? If the video is damaged it may cause it not to export properly. If it is you could try to trim the damaged part out of the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, no glitches. The entire video plays fine on my timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is worth noting that audio files are ZOOM files with occasional audio taken from gopro.  Not sure if this makes a difference but it's worth mentioning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, that's interesting. I'm having Media Encoder crash repeatedly just after rendering the audio. I've never seen this before, but then it has been a while since I've used audio files from my Zoom H5. I wonder if that has something to do with it. Adobe Support????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so I found a work-around. It isn't ideal but it allowed me to export the video and AdobeMediaEncoded it. - THANK GOD!

If I cut and paste each section of my VERY LONG timeline (~2hrs) into it's own seperate sequence and export it that way IT WORKS.  With that said I would still like to know why I can't export it from my main timeline.  It will take a LOT of extra time to cut and paste each section into its own sequence so I would still like to know if there is a fix. What the heck Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish there was a way to edit a previous comment. Unfortunately this method only worked for the first 5 clips. The ones after all have errors. CRAP! Please please please ADOBE, help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is an error of rendering at the points that Premiere notes. This can happen with footage that doesn't "match up well" for timecodes or effects. I have had this happen for certain audio files and I reencode those in Audition or something and rerender. Other times it's a Lumetri effect that messes with it and I have to remove the effect.. In many cases it's a mystery other than Premiere just can't figure out how to put the audio with the video... sometimes if you have no audio it messes up too, so you have to add in "dead air" kind of thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines