Highlighted

Media Encoder ignores subtitles placement

Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a ProRes file on the timline and subtitles over it. There's one scence where I need subtitles to be placed higher than regular (default bottom center button). I lifted it higher, but Media Encoder renders them in the default position (bottom center). Direct export from Premiere is correct. See screenshot. 

Anyone having this issue or it's just me?

PPro 14.3.1, ME 14.3.1, Mac OS 10.15.6

Screenshot 2020-08-01 at 23.01.19.png

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Media Encoder ignores subtitles placement

Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a ProRes file on the timline and subtitles over it. There's one scence where I need subtitles to be placed higher than regular (default bottom center button). I lifted it higher, but Media Encoder renders them in the default position (bottom center). Direct export from Premiere is correct. See screenshot. 

Anyone having this issue or it's just me?

PPro 14.3.1, ME 14.3.1, Mac OS 10.15.6

Screenshot 2020-08-01 at 23.01.19.png

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not heard of this issue.

When Media Encoder had issues with not "seeing" captions, a workaround was setting the AME preference for "import sequences natively" to checked.

So if you find that is unchecked, try checking it first. You must clear the AME queue, and set the preference before queing from PR.

If that does not work, please provide a screenshot of the caption panel and the timeline.

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stan, 

thanks for reply! I've just performed another test and render from AME is correct now. Nothing has changed regarding the sequence since last time, but a restart. Maybe it helped. 

However, the issue was stable: I've preformed 3 renders from AME with different GPU Acceleration settings and they all had incorrect (default) subtitle placement. 

I will post caption panel screenshot here if it happens again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting back. Let us know...

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stan, 

Max here again regarding this issue. It's back - see screenshots. 'Import settings natively' is checked. 

Screenshot 2020-08-25 at 19.31.25.pngScreenshot 2020-08-25 at 19.33.15.pngScreenshot 2020-08-25 at 19.30.59.pngScreenshot 2020-08-25 at 19.31.56.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines