• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder not accepting files from PP CC

Contributor ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Historically, I've invoked Media Encoder from within Premiere Pro by hitting <CTL>M from within the timeline. This brings up the Export Settings dialog where I enter my settings and then click on Queue which launches Media Encoder and loads my project and settings into it ready for rendering at the click of the green arrow.

I received several CC updates the other day, and I think Media Encoder was among them. Since then, all of the above continues to work as usual except the last part. Once Media Encoder launches, there's nothing in the queue. I can add my project via the Add Source button, and render it, but that's an extra step and I'm not sure which of my export settings are coming over (I know the output file name isn't). Is anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions? Thanks.

PS - I posted this over on the Media Encoder forum a few days ago, but nobody's responded.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make sure that both Premiere Pro and Media Encoder are up to date with the most recent versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere and MediaEncoder should both be 13.1.5, checking in their Help/About dialogs.

If they are and not working, sometimes closing the CC Desktop app then rebooting can help.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere is 13.1. I don't know how to tell what version Media Encoder is as there are no menu items in its window, so no Help. The Creative Cloud app, however, indicates that both are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you waiting enough time after send to AME? In some cases it takes a little time to reach to Queue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previously, Media Encoder would load with the file already displayed in the queue. I did a test yesterday where I launched Media Encoder before trying to send it a file, and the file showed up immediately after hitting Queue in the options window. Now, however, it doesn't come over even after waiting several minutes, though I can still load files from within Media Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the trouble. The issue could be with the Dynamic Link. For Dynamic link to work, the apps need to be updated to the same version. Is it happening with any specific sequence or is it with all of them? Also, please let us know the OS version and the exact app version for Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Media Encoder that you are using.

Thanks,

NKush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried it with a couple of projects and get the same behavior. I'm on Windows 10 x64, v1903, build 18362.418. Premiere is 13.1. I don't know how to tell what version Media Encoder is as there are no menu items in its window, so no Help. The Creative Cloud app, however, indicates that both are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, this may have been the problem. AME's window was running in Normal mode (i.e. neither minimized nor maximized) and part of it was off the edge of the screen. That part had the menu which is why I wasn't seeing it. Once I maximized the window everything seems to be working as before. I'm rating this problem as solved. Thanks for everybody trying to help and forcing me to look deeper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Media Encoder should have a Menu bar, with this option ...

clipboard_image_0.png

If it doesn't I would suggest unintalling, rebooting, then reinstalling from the CC Desktop app.

Also, you can in Windows go to the program file, the full adobe mediaencoder.exe file, right-click, Properties, Details, and see the version numbers.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Properties, Details

No version shows up there (or under the Previous Versions tab):

AME.jpg

I'll try the uninstall/reionstall route.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow ... this is what the file Properties panel should look like ...

clipboard_image_0.png

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh. Mine hasn't changed with the new installation either. I assume it isn't an admin thing. I mean, I can run things as administrator, but there's no way to view properties like that, is there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try changing the option so that both Premiere and Me run "as administrator" ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did that. No change to Details tab. Think I'll post this issue over on Ten Forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Turns out I was looking at the properties of the shortcut, not the .exe. Those properties look just like yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines