Media Encoder Not Exporting Color Correctly Compared to Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I export a video through media encoder It comes out alot darker and more contrasty then I had graded it to in premiere pro. When I export through premiere it looks the same of how it looked in the software but media encoder is ruining my color grade. 

Media encoder is the darker export image

Premiere is the lighter more shadow detail image.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Media Encoder Not Exporting Color Correctly Compared to Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I export a video through media encoder It comes out alot darker and more contrasty then I had graded it to in premiere pro. When I export through premiere it looks the same of how it looked in the software but media encoder is ruining my color grade. 

Media encoder is the darker export image

Premiere is the lighter more shadow detail image.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 25, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dax_brule,

We're sorry about the poor experience. We can get this checked. Please let us know the version of Premiere Pro and Media Encoder that you are using. Also, send us a screenshot of the export settings used in both the apps.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using any LUTs or Look files for that color work? And if so, are they ones you've made or loaded onto the machine? And again, if so, where did you park those on your machine?

For everyone ... remember, you MUST add LUTs/Looks to Premiere via the locations in the following chart, and never ever ever add LUTs/Look files into the Program/Package folder location.

When navigating to the locations in the chart below, you will need to add the final folders ... Technical, which the Basic tab will look into and add to its dropdown list, and Creative, which the Creative tab will use.

Neil

Lumetri LUTs Looks Findable Locations.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya i'm using LUTS both creative and techical. I store them on my local harddrive and I load them by clicking browse and then navigating to the folder with LUTS. They are not my luts I have downloaded them online.

Would that be my problem them should I copy them into the respective folders?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 28, 2020 0
Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the problem is they're not in the correct folders. MediaEncoder has no clue where they are.

So following the chart Adobe provided and I pasted above, go to the location depending of course on whether you're Mac or PC, and whether you need separate users to have their own folders. Though the latter is pretty rare.

Create the Technical and Creative folders, put your LUTs there, and then go back to your projects. Use the drop-down list to select them. Then no matter which app you're using of the Adobe video apps, they'll know where the LUT used comes from. So queueing to MediaEncoder or doing an AfterEffects comp just works.

Users for several solid reasons should NEVER use the Program/Package file locations. Including that the apps all assume there are exactly the same LUTs/Looks in the program/package folders and access those by relative method ... the fourth one down, not by name. And that they only look in their own folders for LUTs referenced from their. So that doesn't work across the apps.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 28, 2020 0
Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using an LUT, it should be added to the AME folder of LUTs as well

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 28, 2020 0
Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO.

Users should never ever add LUTs to the program/package folder locations for ANY of the Adobe DVA ... digital video/audio ... apps. Period.

When a user uses the charted locations, ALL the Adobe DVA apps will access the LUT when referenced in any Premiere Pro sequence ... whether it's a queued export via MediaEncoder or a dynamic link comp to AfterEffects.

Premiere and the other DVAs look in the program/package folder contents by relative location in the computer sorted list, not by the name of the item. So if you use one say in the Creative tab that in computer alphanumeric sorting is the 15th one down the sort list, that's what they will grab.

Except each all will grab the 15th sorted item in its own folder tree. And this is even a worse nightmare across versions, as when you shift to a new version, you must be sure to have exactly the same LUTs in all three locations ... again.

No! Use the suggested user location. And all the DVA apps, across any new or old versions, will find the correct LUT you used.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 28, 2020 0