• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder opening, but not taking my queue requests from Premiere

Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having an issue with Media Encoder.

When I'm ready to send a sequence from Premiere, I hit "Queue" and Adobe Media Encoder opens, but then nothing happens. It does seem to receive the information from Premiere.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled both programs multiple times.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Double check that you aren't looking at the watch folder window pane instead of the queue in Media Encoder. I was having the exact same issue, and then I realized the area that normally shows the queue was the watch folder instead.

To fix, just click the menu: Window>Queue and all of my videos showed up.

Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 9.07.31 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please bump this response to the top!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow... this saved my ass

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!

Duh, I don't know how I accidentally deactivated this but I appreciate your tip! THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was too simple! lol

I just found other jobs listed that I thought disappeared into thin air from about a year ago!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try clicking Window > Workspaces > Revert Workspace

It WORKED for me.

Somehow I 've hidden some interface itens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did have the same issue. I FIXED it uninstalling both programs and deleting the following folders:

~/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/12.0.

~/Documents/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder/12.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny thing is, the answer was there for a month (by jonathant7518206) before elliot posted his, just wasn't using a picture so people overlooked it.

But yeah...such a simple bug solution caused way to much fuss XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Had this in CC2018 for hours trying to add compositions from AE to no avail

My solution: "Pull instead of push"

1. GO to media encoder
2. Select add source in the menu
3. I added one of the temporary files AE creates in the AME folder, but try with any media file.
4. Boom, queue reappeared even with all the items I'd been trying to add.
5. Deleted all items in the queue
6. Now "Add to AME Queue" in AE worked again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, after updating to After Effects CC 2019 and Media Encoder CC 2019, whenever I in After Effects say: "Add to Media Encoder queue"Media Encoder opens, but nothing is added. Please fix the bug Adobe!! Anyone who had the same problem and a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't a 'bug' to fix. Your two apps are just not communicating properly through the CC Desktop app, it's something you need to futz with. Annoying? Yea, been there done that 3-4 times over the years since the first CC version.

I'd suggest signing out of the CC Desktop app, reboot, sign back in ... see if it works.

Current builds ...

PrPro:             13.0 build 225

Me:                 12.0 build 203 (or something like that, might be 202)

AfterEffects:    16.0.0 build 235 (again, I think that's the last number)

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same after updating to the 2019 versions of AE and AME. None of the solutions above helped. And the problem also occured in the 2018 versions now.

It appeared to be a problem in the Dutch version of Media Encoder. Setting the Mac O.S. language to English, delete Media Encoder from CC app, restart Mac and reinstall Media Encoder from CC app did the trick for me. (Could be working for other languages too to switch to English).

Best of luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the adobe updates really screwed with everything. I am having the same issue you are here and my after effects render request won't show on AME. I GAVE UP. This is really annoying. And this happened the same time PSD decided to disable constrained transform with the shift key. ADOBE what are you guys doing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and did the same steps

in media encoder try: window - revert workspace

that solved the problem for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey all!

i had the same problem. some solutions that worked for me:

1. the file name technique that others mentioned

2. manually clearing your cache

3. restarting your computer

4. installing an older version of each software (not too old or you’ll lose your stuff!) — also make sure theyre at the same relative compatible versions (like don’t download 2016 AME and 2018 AFX)

hope this helps even a little!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The correct answer is that you have to click on the (+) sign underneath the Queue tab, so you can add the source project, which basically means find the premiere project from where you're trying to export your clips, after that, any clips should appear on the queue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's how you add projects manually.  This is an automatic function initiated from Premiere.  It used to work for me, now it doesn't!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of curiosity had you deleted the 'queue' from your layout and been left with 'the watch folders' this is a very easy mistake to make and hard to pick up on as they both look the same. Goto window > workspace > revert workspace and your queue should reappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, what a nubbie solution. IT WORKED FOR ME!

My AME window was on Watch Folders and not Queue. OMG. Thank you @makeitmove

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work for me.  Same behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty late to this thread however I haven't seen an answer yet but this may help. The folder that I was saving the file in had both "." and "/" in the name so I decided to rename it without and this ME issue was resolved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still a problem.  I've tried the solutions in the thread.  Nothin'.  Premiere and AME both 2020 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same probleblem, but the problem was that I have a VPN working, just turn it off and solved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Thanks tho. I've pretty much given up at this point. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin-Monahan , any way we can get some help for this user? That's a real pain ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines