• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder opening, but not taking my queue requests from Premiere

Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having an issue with Media Encoder.

When I'm ready to send a sequence from Premiere, I hit "Queue" and Adobe Media Encoder opens, but then nothing happens. It does seem to receive the information from Premiere.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled both programs multiple times.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Double check that you aren't looking at the watch folder window pane instead of the queue in Media Encoder. I was having the exact same issue, and then I realized the area that normally shows the queue was the watch folder instead.

To fix, just click the menu: Window>Queue and all of my videos showed up.

Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 9.07.31 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When AME opens, is your file showing up in the queue? It won't actually export the file from AME until you click the green arrow to start processing, btw ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

No, nothing shows up in the queue. AME just opens, but then nothing shows up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the Help/About menu items, could you post your program numbers for both PrPro & AME?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure:

PrPro: 17.1.2 v11.0

AME: 17.1.2  Build 11.1.2.35

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That should be a usable pairing.

How about trying to use the CC Desktop app to uninstall AME, then reboot, then use it to download/re-install AME?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

I uninstalled both AME and Premiere, reinstalled and still am not able to add anything to my queue AME.

Anything else you can think of? I'm at a loss

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How uninstalled? OS, CC app uninstaller,  or CC Cleaner Tool? CC app uninstaller might do it, but the OS uninstaller won't. Adobe CC Cleaner tool is the best bet.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend Step 2k and 3d below.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim, but still no luck.

I've updated everything, used the Cleaner tool, cleared all preferences, and still nothing is being sent to my queue. Very concerning as I begin a major production next week. I may have to wipe my system and start fresh.

Any other ideas? Thanks for all the suggestions so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, maybe try starting with Step 2a and work your way down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.

More problems with CC's latest version. Somebody's asleep at the switch. Never seen so many things going wrong with a piece of software. I guess we've reached the end of days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never did figure this out, just updated to 2018 and now the issue has been resolved. Very strange indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m going back to 2017.

UPDATE:  Well, going back to 2017 lost all my .MTS files.

This is a disaster. Not that anyone at Adobe cares.

UPDATE:  I'm restoring my computer back to before the last update. (Fingers crossed) I think I'm going to have to find another editor. I'm still reeling from the impact of Adobe's callous disregard for it's customer base. I've never seen anything like this, but I guess it's not to be unexpected. I'd like to blame Adobe, but that gets one nowhere. The only relevant change will come from me...hence my search for another option. This is what happens when you become too dependent on one solution. Just doesn't make sense in the long run.

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 6:35 PM mrianwebb1983 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated it and its still giving me issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey mrianwebb1983,

I've been having this same issue over the last few days. It seems to be an issue with the connection between the programs and the dynamic link server. Have you checked out your firewall or any other anti-virus software? Maybe consider making Premiere Pro and Media Encoder two apps that bypass the firewall/anti-virus software completely. When I get back to my main PC, I'll spend a while looking around for a fix for this issue as I know quite a few people are likely experiencing it.

Kind regards,

Caylem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening to me too.  I'm trying to export without using media encoder and that might be working. How half-assed can they be to break the core functionality of their software?  It's as if MS Word stopped allowing you to print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem, but solved it by doing a "Save As" on my AE file with a new file name before exporting and that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAVE AS and new name WORKED!!!  Easy Peasy  PS:  I'm using After Effects 2018 and "Add to Adobe Media Render Queue".  All was working until a few days ago but just using SAVE AS and a new file name solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so Im guessing this issue was never resolved? im on the 2018 version and having this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of us are having no trouble whatever with queuing to AE.

And some that were in 2017 aren't with 2018.

So, have you:

- signed out of the CC app, rebooted, signed back in?

- used the CC app to uninstall PrPro and ME, reboot, and install again?

- checked the app's permissions to make sure both are running as administrator?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you both have them on Administrator and Compatible for Windows 8, worked for me xD ❤️ yall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar issue, what triggered my problem was, I had to end task in task manager as my media encoder wasn't responding. After doing that neither AE nor Premiere Pro were queuing up my renders. So I just used the media browser inside ME and opened up my PP file and double clicked a random sequence to add to render and thats when my render Q got populated. In fact all the time I was clicking add to render Q and not showing up, all those renders also came into the Q.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intriguing ... wow.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into this problem and this was the solution for me.

Would help if Adobe would address it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines