• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder opening, but not taking my queue requests from Premiere

Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having an issue with Media Encoder.

When I'm ready to send a sequence from Premiere, I hit "Queue" and Adobe Media Encoder opens, but then nothing happens. It does seem to receive the information from Premiere.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled both programs multiple times.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Double check that you aren't looking at the watch folder window pane instead of the queue in Media Encoder. I was having the exact same issue, and then I realized the area that normally shows the queue was the watch folder instead.

To fix, just click the menu: Window>Queue and all of my videos showed up.

Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 9.07.31 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how or why, but this actually fixed it :D. From the time I imported random PR project into AME, it started behave normaly again :D. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This exact thing just happened to me. This solution worked perfectly. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try clicking on window and then clicking queue

this worked for me

it wasnt showing the queue then i saw all my files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the problem for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. This is the solution. Just figured it out on my own but see you also answered. For some reason, WATCH FOLDERS was selected in the Queue Pane instead of QUEUE. Once I clicked on that, I saw all the exports I've made in the last month that I thought never appeared. Hope people find your solution and save themselves hours of time. Interesting that Adobe was never able to troubleshoot this with people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG. thats insane it was only that. IVE BEEN THINKING ITS BEEN BROKEN FOR MOOOONNNTHSSSS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is two years old, but I had to google this just now and have this problem solved. Thank you.

But for Adobe, seriously? Your programs have a lot of quirks, but hiding an export queue is probably one of the dumbest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well done! Had the same problem now and that was the solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiancing this issue now on two out of three MACs s at my work.

Reinstalling AME, erasing documents and any workaround seems to not make any difference.

AME is just opening but it is not creating any queue. Sometimes (but not always) it will eventually appear after a quite amount of time (10-20min).

Sometimes the workaround with adding some sequence from the AME media browser can un-trigger the queue, but  in most cases it will just make it freeze.

Sometimes the issue is not even there for no reason and the AME is working just fine for the day.

The weird part is that it started to happen on one of the MACs, about a month after updating all devices to High Sierra and Adobe programs to 2018.

A week later it started to happen on the second one.

Third Mac is working just fine by now, but I really hope that we will fix it somehow.

Exporting files from the program just stops us from any other work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the same boat with 2018. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Media Encoder and Premiere. No fix.  Media Encoder opens, but nothing queues....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, the first item will populate in the queue, but nothing after that. Generally, I start encoding immediately after the first thing is added.

However, I've had success if I don't start encoding! Then the other items will be added to the queue. If encoding has been started, nothing else will add to the queue even if I pause, wait until it finishes, quit Premiere, quit AME, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had that happen to me when I installed CC2018.  Spent a good part of the day reinstalling and trashing prefs.  The step that worked was deleting the folder ~/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/12.0.

Apparently trashing preferences doesn't trash everything.

P.S. Maybe make a backup of the folder first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot! It worked for me! I also had to delete the files related to AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I didn't have the problem UNTIL I updated to 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double check that you aren't looking at the watch folder window pane instead of the queue in Media Encoder. I was having the exact same issue, and then I realized the area that normally shows the queue was the watch folder instead.

To fix, just click the menu: Window>Queue and all of my videos showed up.

Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 9.07.31 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe the answer was this simple! Months of this problem...and I was in the wrong window view 😮

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

homer-simpson-doh.gif?w=290

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha! I was having the same problem and looking at the wrong window too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annoyingly simple fix for us here after a lot of overthinking and prefs deletions, and reinstalls.

Changed the save as destination (filename the same and to Desktop in this case) and voila, it immediately behaved normally, added itself to the ME queue.)

Hope that helps someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow.  Mind = blown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks a lot. So simple solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this was the issue Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is EXACTLY what happened to me. I've spent a good part of the morning trying to resolve this issue, only to find out I was in the "watch folders" tab. I had about 15 of the same AE file waiting to be rendered in the "Queue" tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a savior man, I'm blessed to see your comment.     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines