• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media encoder won't create proxy footage for 4k 120fps footage.

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am trying to create proxies for shots using 4k 120fps, but Media encoder keeps outputting the files at 60fps instead of 120. When I try and work with the proxies in premiere they playback at twice the speed and cut the second half of the file. I tried modifying the export settings in the media encoder to match the source frame rate, but it still outputs to 60fps. Is there something I am missing?

Thanks for taking the time to help!

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Follow these steps, it should solve your issue.

1 - In Media Encoder, create a new encoding preset.

1 - CreateEncodingPreset.jpg

2 - Only H265 supports frame rates higher than 60. So you need to make the new preset with H265. Adjust the settings as you see fit just make sure it's 120FPS.

2 - EncodingPreset.jpg

3 - You need to create a new ingest preset based on the encoding you just created.

3 - CreateIngestPreset.jpg

4 - IngestPreset.jpg

4 - Export the ingest preset you just created.

5 - ExportIngestPreset.jpg

5 - In Premiere Pro, in the create proxies window, add the new ingest preset you just exported, et voila.

6 - AddIngestPreset.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow these steps, it should solve your issue.

1 - In Media Encoder, create a new encoding preset.

1 - CreateEncodingPreset.jpg

2 - Only H265 supports frame rates higher than 60. So you need to make the new preset with H265. Adjust the settings as you see fit just make sure it's 120FPS.

2 - EncodingPreset.jpg

3 - You need to create a new ingest preset based on the encoding you just created.

3 - CreateIngestPreset.jpg

4 - IngestPreset.jpg

4 - Export the ingest preset you just created.

5 - ExportIngestPreset.jpg

5 - In Premiere Pro, in the create proxies window, add the new ingest preset you just exported, et voila.

6 - AddIngestPreset.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huge thank you! This worked perfectly. Thank you so much for your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as far as I can tell, prores can support this frame rate (at least from doing some googling).  Prores proxy is an excellent format and has some real advantages over a mpg format like hevc. certainly worth a shot.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely, I personally prefer DNx, but yeah, both are much better for proxies than hevc. But unfortunately, in Premiere Pro so far, only hevc supports frame rates higher than 60fps, unless I'm missing something.

ProRes.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

was having huge problems with this aswell! I am doing this first thing tomorrow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines