Media linked the wrong file - how do I get the right file

Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't gone back to this project in a while and it didn't find certain files -- and when I went to locate them -- one of the files linked to a file that is incorrect -- how do "unlink" that file and get the correct file? It won't let me locate the file since it's already  been found.  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jun 03, 2019
R Neil Haugen Adobe Community Professional , Jun 03, 2019
Right-click in the bin, then "make offline".Then right-click, "Link Media", select the Locate option in the next box, navigate to/select the correct file.Neil

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click in the bin, then "make offline".

Then right-click, "Link Media", select the Locate option in the next box, navigate to/select the correct file.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UNLESS of course it's a Team Project ... then all this MUST be done in the Edit/Team Projects/Media Management dialog box process ...

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines