Highlighted

Media offline can't relink

Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working for days on an important project. Everything was fine then I left my laptop for an hour and when I came back most of my clips in my sequence dissaperead and I got the Media Offline message. When I try to relink the files I cannot locate them. They are all in my Photos folder on my Mac. Anyone able to help please? This is a major problem as my deadline to finish this video is tomorrow.

TOPICS
Editing, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Media offline can't relink

Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working for days on an important project. Everything was fine then I left my laptop for an hour and when I came back most of my clips in my sequence dissaperead and I got the Media Offline message. When I try to relink the files I cannot locate them. They are all in my Photos folder on my Mac. Anyone able to help please? This is a major problem as my deadline to finish this video is tomorrow.

TOPICS
Editing, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you searched your hardrive for the file name from the finder (not from within premiere)?  If nothing shows up, it's not there.  Were they by any chance saved on the desktop and was the desktop saved in icloud?  Keeping media on the cloud is not recommended.   Although I work a lot on the mac, I don't trust anything to ICloud and I think storing your desktop on icloud is just an excuse for apple to charge you for more storage.  Always crucial to make sure you have all media backed up...    Hopefully someone else here will have some other ideas.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where would you recommend storking media files used for Premier Pro? All my files are in my Mac Photos folder? Is that not recommended?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the important thing is that you have them backed up on a different drive.  Every drive will fail even ssd's,  it's just a matter of when.  could be tomorrow could be in a hundred years.  And besides failing, drives can get corrupted.

Also, I'd recommend you rename the photos with a suitable description and organize them in folders so there easy to find...   

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've heard of permissions issues before that can cause this. Also try dumping the cache files & restarting.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 1
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but doing a search from the finder would reveal the files if they're stored locally?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and gotta say that's my first step when premiere can't relink.  I do a finder or windows search for the file name.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 1