• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Pending, and pending, and pending...

Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly its media pending forever. I have looked at many forum post and it seems adobe can't give any straight answers and no real solutions on this but before I cancel my subscription I will see if I can get any help.

Media pending right when I import it and then machine goes into no response mode.

ALienware 15 r2 is the machine. Runs everything. Drivers updated

I see most of the time adobe tries to shift blame to your machine, PLEASE DON"T

Can you help me adobe?

Message was edited by: Buck Sommerkamp [updated title to be more descriptive of OP's issue]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

We're peers, here. This is a user to user forum primarily. Unless someone has a red Adobe badge/avatar we're just users.

"Media pending" results from something hanging up on the individual computer and I've seen a bunch of things lead to this. So trapping out what's happening on any one machine may be quick or take a few steps.

It can be a drive/folder permissions problem which might be solved by making sure Premiere runs in Administrative mode.

It can be a problem with the media cache or cache dat

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're peers, here. This is a user to user forum primarily. Unless someone has a red Adobe badge/avatar we're just users.

"Media pending" results from something hanging up on the individual computer and I've seen a bunch of things lead to this. So trapping out what's happening on any one machine may be quick or take a few steps.

It can be a drive/folder permissions problem which might be solved by making sure Premiere runs in Administrative mode.

It can be a problem with the media cache or cache database files, fixed by closing Premiere and deleting all such files, which can take some hunting.

It can even be a corrupted project file fixed by creating a new project file, and using the Media Browser to import the sequences of the corrupted project.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of those things helped at all. Anything else I should try

I can edit video on my phone with no complications but this well-known

software can't run effectively. This blows my mind!

Joe

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 7:10 PM R Neil Haugen <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does sound like a media / cache problem, deleting the cache folders and firing up PP, would be the first thing I try.

Using the below shortcut you can delete these three folders, then fire up PP with your project.

%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have deleted those folders already. I tried all that stuff in the first

email and nothing.

Is there anything else I can do?

Trying to restore my computer. I uninstalled and reinstalled PP already and

no luck.

I had a trial of malwarebytes and it seems when that trial ended that

suddenly PP would not run properly.

Not sure if that can be related

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, that bit might be at least part of the problem in your rig. There have been many instances on here of less than ideal interactions between the computer, Premiere, and other apps and especially services on various platforms.

Including a few that finally completely wiped, reformatted, and reinstalled their OS.  Then first loaded the Adobe video apps, then everything else. And as a result had a machine where suddenly Premiere ran like a speed demon.

The Microsoft drive.dll file was for a release mangling Premiere projects. But only on some machines. Weird. Currently the Sonus mobo stuff can install applets that cause amazing issues.

Uninstall/reinstall of the Adobe apps frequently doesn't accomplish anything unless you do the uninstall with the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool app, and use that to both uninstall and wipe all the stray files these Adobe apps put in odd places all over the computer.

Even with my years of experience with them, they still put files in places I forget to check.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After removing malwarbytes and doing a system restore all seems ok. Going

to do a project and export before I mark it solved.

Thanks

Joe

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 10:52 AM R Neil Haugen <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spoke to soon. Its still doing it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dang.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What i did and looks better is deleting those files and changing the cache file directory (from premier pro/preferences/Media Cache/Media Cache Files/Browse) to a secondary m2 internal HD. That way your primary HD doesnt need to calculate so much. Its always better to redirect your cache files to a dedicated hard drive only for cache files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup same here. It's been 5 days and I still have not seen any improvements.

Media Pending.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give the clip a normal name.

..........- downy.mp4.mp4 might be confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not really. It would not matter actually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wasn't one clip. It was any clip and all projects. I did a fresh install

of windows and it's fixed for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fresh install of windows and load adobe first after driver's and updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn! That's a huge deal of hassle, man! I will try to update my windows first. Can't afford to do such fresh installation. Got a deadline to work on. Thanks for the note!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found an alternative solution, aside from your suggested fresh install, apparently there is a new OS for windows update. We just need to update the OS and everything works perfectly again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds good. Let me know if that works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines