• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Pending Forever

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated to the 2018 version of Premiere Pro and initially I had no problems.  However, starting yesterday, when I went to open the file I had been working on, I get the 'media pending' message for every single clip.  I've given it as long as 40 minutes to load, restarted several times, unplugged and replugged in the hard drive where the media and project file are stored, and restarted my computer (I'm running Mac OS X).

I've tried disabling and re-enabling clips with no result.  My boss suggested I clear the media cache but I can't seem to find it.  According to Premiere itself, it should be located in a folder that I can't find and doesn't appear to exist.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Another Update-

After working on other projects I came back to the one that has Media Pending issues and it would not load.

After several attempts (and required force quits) I opened the project and before trying to play anything I closed the longest sequence (1 hour 40 min) and any bin with open thumbnails. Then saved it that way.

Force quit

Restarted

Opened it, bingo! works.

Note to self: Don't leave large sequences and bins open.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 05, 2019 May 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting. Premiere does get itself confused at times, and we need to k ow how to sort things out.

Excellent post.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi had the same issue.

I found just closing the sequences and bins and then re-opening them again resolved it. Did not need to close the project or program.

Tom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

1. Select the file in your timeline

2. Right click the file to “Reveal in Project”

3. Go to your bin. Right click the file to “Modify”

4. Interpret footage. Change from ”Use aspect ratio” to “conform to:”

This trick works fine for me. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went as far as hard resetting my Dell Inspiron 7567 to get this to stop happening. I was able to finish one project and it happened again.

Im a new premiere user on the free trial. I want to purchase but this is making it very difficult to justify.

I simply dragged and dropped all of the raw video files into the media files window and that’s where all my files are. Do I have a bin open? How do I close it? I really just want to create content that’s all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro is a bit of a complex program to learn ... it has a deep and wide set of tools, but is designed for primarily "manual" use, which means ... you need to know a bit before you can get anywhere. A month or two of a good subscription tutorial site like lynda.com/Linked-In-Learning while spending some hours going through their basic Pr editing tutorials can actually save you much time ... and money ... later on.

There are multiple ways to ingest files into Pr ... and dragging/dropping isn't the most reliable. Using the Media browser panel of Pr to navigate to the media and then selecting them/import tends to be the most reliable way to get media into the app. After you have that media in your project panel, you can create "bins" which are virtual folders you would use to hold different types of media and give you some organization.

Drag/drop a media file into a blank timeline though is a good way to get a sequence that will match the media. Pr will make the sequence settings conform to the media first dropped into a blank timeline area.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had similar issues with that dynamic link. I have linked some After Effect compositions to Premiere. Suddenly, it started to cause problem with just one clip (from another AE file), but later I had same problem with all my clips. I tried to relink and so on, but nothing seems to work. So after all, I to just quit Premiere and delete (renaming it would be more safe way) /Users/Me/⁨Documents⁩/⁨Adobe⁩/⁨Premiere Pro⁩ -folder. After that all worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wanted to say that I struggled with this exact issue for a few days and the last thing I tried was ejecting my USB HD's and that solved it. I then troubleshot it down to one specific drive plugged into my monitor's USB 3 that would cause this to happen on all my projects. I didn't determine if it was the monitor's USB or the HD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the same error: in Premiere Pro media pending forever. In Premiere Rush - complaint that it can't find video playback device. I tried completely deleting all my adobe folders for all adobe apps in AppData/Local and AppData/Roaming. I reinstalled Premiere Pro and Premiere Rush after running a cleanup tool to wipe them out completely.

When I lost all hope, I decided to download the latest-latest Intel Graphics driver. I have a laptop with an Nvidia GPU and a built-in Intel graphics too. My Nvidia driver was the latest, but Intel driver was slightly over a week old - how bad can it be? But the latest driver was DCH type. I believe you can choose to have DCH or non-DCH drivers, and maybe this was essential. So I installed it, and it fixed it! The link to the DCH driver is here Download Intel® Graphics - Windows® 10 DCH Drivers 

I don't know what DCH stands for, but it is some magical new thing that is better compatible with a modern windows 10 (1803 or 1903). My windows just upgraded to 1903, which may have been an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting that information ... that sounds very useful!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2019 Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this. I had been searching the net forever, lol. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will tell you an easy fix ! Just right click in prpro on the clip which is showing as media pending, disable the clip and enable the clip again ! 

You will have your problem solved very easily !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone trying to fix this in 2020, try renaming the source folder containing your footage. This will force premier to reimport all your clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What worked for me, of the numerous solutions offered online, was to open the Sequence menu item at the top of the screen, select "Delete Render Files In to Out," and then select "Render In to Out."  That got rid of the orange "Media Pending" screen that plagued my previously-working project and relinked all my media files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem, went away for an hour or two and came back to find Premiere frozen with all clips pending. Had to go back to a previous save, fortunately this worked, as I had spent all day on the project!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem, solved by going to premiere pro > preferences > media
and making sure Include captions on import is turned off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, disabled that, so will see if that works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I'm having this very issue at the moment. None of these solutions solved my problem. I tried restart, re-install, delete cache and close sequences and bins... you name it. None of these works. Now my project is stuck at generating peak files, because I deleted cache files.

List my setups here:

I'm editing a short documentary mainly with H264 422 4K footage,

File size 762 Gb in total.

Working on an SSD.

PC: Intel 137700K GTX3080Ti 32Gb Ram.

Premiere Pro Version 23.0
Very very upset and frustrating situation. Especially when I'm catching up with the deadline. But it seems that I will have to miss the deadline because of the incapablilty of Adobe.
Over the years they keep creating new functions and changing buttons and sheits, but it seems that some of these very fundamental bugs and issues have barely been addressed. I don't know how other professionals deal with such frustrations. And I can't believe this sheity and unstable platform is widely used by the industry for professional purposes.

I'm now seriously considering jumping into DaVinci or Final Cut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Occasionally this is a disc or file write protection issue. You've tried most other tthings it seems.

I understand the frustration. Premiere is used daily by several million people, most of whom are working fine. But clearly there are some even on good gear, that aren't.

The variations in user performance for both Premiere and Resolve are puzzles at this time. I can't see the obvious things that used to be common.

And I work with both daily.

Premiere is screaming on my gear, but not doing a seemingly basic thing on yours. Wow.

Where are the files set to go?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines