• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Pending Forever

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated to the 2018 version of Premiere Pro and initially I had no problems.  However, starting yesterday, when I went to open the file I had been working on, I get the 'media pending' message for every single clip.  I've given it as long as 40 minutes to load, restarted several times, unplugged and replugged in the hard drive where the media and project file are stored, and restarted my computer (I'm running Mac OS X).

I've tried disabling and re-enabling clips with no result.  My boss suggested I clear the media cache but I can't seem to find it.  According to Premiere itself, it should be located in a folder that I can't find and doesn't appear to exist.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Another Update-

After working on other projects I came back to the one that has Media Pending issues and it would not load.

After several attempts (and required force quits) I opened the project and before trying to play anything I closed the longest sequence (1 hour 40 min) and any bin with open thumbnails. Then saved it that way.

Force quit

Restarted

Opened it, bingo! works.

Note to self: Don't leave large sequences and bins open.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the folder tree to that missing cache files folder?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Users/clairelabarbera/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common

I don't have a "Library" folder that I can find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In PC's, that is sometimes a "hidden" folder and one needs to find the system settings to 'show hidden folders' ... but I don't know about that on a Mac.

Have you tried changing that setting? Create a folder you can get to, and change the Media Cache/Cache Database locations to that?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can find the media folder by holding option then going to the "GO" menu in the mac Finder.

Navigate to: Username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Media Cache 

I cleared files in Media Cache, Media Cache Files, Peak Files.

I am having the exact same problem. I have cleared and rebuilt the media cache, moved the media cache to an external drive and rebuilt it, tried a different user account. It's the same after a couple times of opening and closing the same session. Takes a LONG time to load session with Media Pending for 4-5 mins.

MACPRO (late 2013) 3.5Ghz 6-core Intel Xeon E5

Sierra 10.12.6

16GB RAM

Glyph 1TB Firewire 800 External Drive - Project Files and Media Files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME annoying problem. CC 2018

I have a very large project with 1000's of HD mp4s, about 20 sequences, etc lumetri all over the place.  1.5 TB total.

It was all working fine for a while, then slowly i started to get the media pending issue and a couldn't play video nor bring it up in the source viewer, Audio would play sometimes but eventually stop.  Once this happens, quitting premiere causes a crash. Cold reboots seem to bring it up best, but if I try to open one of the bins with 130 video files it will always cause the issue. Viewing in thumbnails some of them don't load, nor will they scrub in the bin, and if I double click to look at in the viewer, it's game over.

One strange thing I found was a tiny "MP4 file" for each of my raw files that was named the same as the raw footage but with a "_1" after it. I deleted all of those. Didn't help, ultimately.

By contrast, I have another project that is 800 gig of all prores files in 4k and it works just fine. No issues whatsoever.

Mac pro late 2013, 12 core, 64g ram, running Sierra 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tentative update-

When I had a bin with 170 clips in it and I opened it in thumbnail view, that's when I would get media pending issues and subsequent freeze up.

So I just split them up into maximum of 40 clips per bin.  Seems to be working fine in thumbnail view.... fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another Update-

After working on other projects I came back to the one that has Media Pending issues and it would not load.

After several attempts (and required force quits) I opened the project and before trying to play anything I closed the longest sequence (1 hour 40 min) and any bin with open thumbnails. Then saved it that way.

Force quit

Restarted

Opened it, bingo! works.

Note to self: Don't leave large sequences and bins open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah Tim!!! Life saver. I had the same issue and I went through all the hundreds of steps I have heard mentioned and nothing worked. Realized I had all my bins open for viewing. Closed them all like Tim had mentioned and then saved/closed project. Reopened and sure enough it is working again. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"

Another Update-

Force quit

Restarted

Opened it, bingo! works.

Note to self: Don't leave large sequences and bins open."

This also worked for me. life saver. Thanks Tim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Annoying but worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

had same issue. I also closed all the bins, saved project, but also went to Preview Folder and deleted everything. reopened premiere, skipped all the missing preview files and there was no pending media. project loaded in 3 minutes.

Pending media happened after updating to cc18

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes! Bins and all open timelines. Thank you so much, had me held up for hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved my problem by deleting the cache folder both in Roaming and Local folder. I deleted the "Adobe" folder in both and then restart the program holding shift+ctrl+alt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really wonder why we're all paying $30+ a month to be Adobe's guinea pigs... Premiere 2018 is the single worst piece of software I've ever used... everything takes forever to load, the playback button doesn't work half the time, and it flat-out refuses to function properly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sympathetic to those like yourself who are not getting usable functions of the program. Been there myself. But there are far more working solidly than hammered.

I so wish they would get these various things fixed though ... very frustrating that this can be so dorky.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still in PrPro 2017 (for so many fun, and interesting reasons), and yeah, sure – does she crash a lot? Yes. Is she kinda mean? Yup. Like, all the time? Absolutely. But if she's gonna take a swing at me (and lately, in front of clients), welp? Nine times out of ten, I've already seen her do it before, and I won't lose "too much" time (a relative concept, I know) on force-quits, force-quitting, jam-jobbing, media-caching, wand-dusting, and Indiana-Jones-&-The-Temple-Of-Dooming my way through a labyrinth of preference files before the pleasure of "repairing disk permissions" and/or some version of what we used to call "DE-FRAGGING."

Props to any other O.G.'s out here who been in the game long enough (HINT: Dick Cheney was President) to catch THAT deep cut. 

Anyhoooo, all this to say, I've seen a lotta software shizz/shenanigans out of Adobe for the better part of two decades now, but I must say, the fact that "DO NOT LEAVE THUMBNAIL BINS OR LARGE SEQUENCES OPEN" is not just the general consensus, but rather (evidently!) the prevailing wisdom on our shared "Media Pending" issue is just...wow. **smooch**

Chef's Kiss!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um ... have you even tried any of the recent builds? They've fixed a ton of things in the 2019/2020 builds that had been happening for some time, thankfully. And of course you could install 2020 without removing or jeopordizing the 2017 build.

I've still got 2017 in case I want to open a project in that but haven't been in it in months.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But is anyone having this problem?  I've never had a Premiere Project.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled all of CC (all apps that I use today such as AE and AME, and ExtendScript).  I've removed any mention of Adobe from the registry and yet when I install and try and run it, I only ever get a gold screen and you can't access any of the menu buttons, not even the close button will work.  And why can't I ask anyone from Adobe for help? There is no support option for their apps - they just dump you into a forum of users... where is the service?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I'm having same issue, any resolution?  I just installed free trial and it goes to that same screen aaaaaannnndddd.....nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked after disabling soundcard...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, sound card drivers can sometimes be an issue. Why? Dunno.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution in my case was... get this,  rename the folder C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Adobe\PremierePro to something else (e.g. PremierePro) - while Premiere is closed.  Then it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renaming, moving, or deleting that folder causes PrPro to create a new folder there with the files that it uses ... so, something in that folder had become corrupted. By dumping it, and forcing PrPro to recreate those files ... you got the program working again.

And it's a fairly useful thing to try when PrPro does something ... odd.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the solutions here are working for me. Just installed and haven't been able to get the program to run even once.

Is there an 'official' adobe response to this issue or are we left on our own to figure these things out.  Very disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines