• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Pending in timeline on longer then 5 minute 4k shots in adobe premiere 2018

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In earlier 2017 versions this was no problem with my 4k fs7 material. But now in the final 2017 version and also in the 2018 version,  premiere searches for 1-5 minutes for a longer than 5 minute shot to show. So when playing the timeline and the first shot is found, and playing, it stops after that shot and searching (showing media pending).

I tried severeal things without succes:

The media cache is now on my internal ssd disk

I tried proxies, but the media pending problem stays. So maybe not a 4k problem.

Anyone any tips I could try?

Or more info needed?

Kind greetings,

Michiel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where's the media itself located? What type of drive/connection to the computer?

And of course, the OS/CPU/RAM/GPU/vRAM would be useful.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mac has a quadro k5000

It is a Mac Pro 2010/5,1

12-Core 3,46GHz x2

96gb ram

The SSD is: OWC Mercury Accelsior_E2 PCI Express 240GB SSD

3 x internal 3tb Western Digital (WD30EFRX)

extrernal disks: 3x  Freecom harddrive quatro 3.0 4tb

Operating system: Sierra

Newest version adobe premiere 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The media is on an extrernal  Freecom harddrive quatro 3.0 4tb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not familiar with the Freecom, but I'm assuming it's a RAID or mass-storage box ... what's that connection?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now connected with firewire 800.

Connected with usb 3.0 I have the same problem.

Also when I have my media on the SSD

and also when I have the media on the internal 3tb western digital disks.

Also when I clear the cache

Changing the viewing resolution in the timeline to 1/4 doesn't help

The 4k material is from the Sony Fs7

The sequence is created from clip.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the december Sierra safety update by apple. It all started around that time.

Of course I updated the nvidea software as well (to the right number of Sierra).

I am wondering if updating to high sierra could help. Or would get me in a worse state.

Kind greetings,

Michiel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

USB3 is faster than Firewire 800.

Oh, it's such a joy to get OS updates. There's one out there for Windows that has 'fixed' some people nicely for issues they've had ... and really fixed others. I've been avoiding it, but ... I'm away from the studio for the week, and had to leave the computer running so I could work remote. And ... given how helpful MS and Windows update are together ... even though I've got it set to NEVER update the OS without my active participation, if I haven't done so myself for a week or so, it may decide to over-ride my command.

I am slightly nervous, sitting here.

And ... for the Mac side, I've seen some who were hammered by High Sierra, and many others working great. Like the Win updates, seems to be a roll of the dice.

Just made your day, right? 

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might roll the dice and update to High Sierra and see where i am then.

I'll decide on monday morning.

Thanks for your feedback.

Michiel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have rolled the dice and now in high sierra. No new problems but the media pending on long clips stays unfortunately.

Choosing less ram of the 96gb ram dedicated to adobe premiere (as suggested by the premiere helpdesk) didnt have any succes. Also not choosing for the cuda support also doesnt  have any effect.

Can i change something in the hardware that would help? A faster videocard  or more ssd?

Anybody a suggestion maybe. Thanks for any idea.

Kind greetings Michiel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the not choosing for cuda support i meant changing the render settings to premiere software rendering. But with no effect.

I must say that the documentary i am editing uses 50 hours of 4k material. So thats about 3 and a half tb of material.

But with proxies the problem of media pending stays. So it isnt the amount of terrabite. Also there are no color correction effects on the proxies. Only a tmecode effect. So whe can navigate through the material.

With small projects of 200gb material and without timecode effect the media pending problem also stays the same.

Waiting for 5 minutes of media pending for a shot of 20 minutes to show. What could it be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It a appeared to be a mismatch in the number of the nvidia webdriver and cuda webdriver. It's all great now for a few years already but good to mention what the problem was. 

Unfortenately have to stay working on high sierra with adobe 2019 because of mac not supporting cuda anymore in mac os 10.14. 

But it works. And maybe after this mac. I a year or so.  I'll buy a pc with nvidea card to work with newest version of premiere.

Or there is a new mac videocard then that helps me out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines