Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Pending - Premiere CC 2018

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have a brand new computer (Windows 10 Pro - Processor Intell (R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @3.60GHz Ram 8GB 64-bit operating system, x64)

I install Adobe Premiere CC 2018 a week ago, but every time I am opening a project it says media pending for more that 20 minutes. I have to open and close the project more than 4 times to eventually successfully open it. I have duplicate the project, nevertheless this doesn't help.

It's worth mentioning that the footage is simply mp4s & photos, nothing heavy to justify this problem.

Any thoughts?

Thank you

Eleanna

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are the Adobe forums used to promote Resolve

Only as a kick in the pants to Adobe, who is falling behind in professional editing features while they seemingly cater to the amateur who just isn't qualified to use Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No doubt, that´s why I said this might not work for everybody. I always used DaVinci for color grading on it. And by no means I wanted to promote a Software here, they are not paying me to say that.
I went into the forum because the issue was still there ONE YEAR after I posted and I just wanted to let everybody know, what my solution was and am happy as could be. Sorry if that was inappropriate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my reply is to Jim Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this same problem... loading media takes forever in Premiere 2018, I spent three hours on the phone with support and they weren't able to help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same Problem and getting frustrated as I can't finish my project on time.

Adobe charges a fortune and tis is unacceptable!

Gonna look at buying Final Cut

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, all

New to the forum.  This media pending issue is making it impossible to work.  

My project is a documentary with many dozens of hours of footage, though the footage was shot on an old Panasonic HMC 150.  It shoots HD, and though there are hundreds of .MTS files, they're relatively small in size and decidedly NOT 4K. 

I tried some of the trouble shooting options like clearing cache, having the cache folder and database save locally and turning off automatic wave form generation.  But the thing won't stop conforming and I believe that's what's slowing everything down.

I have a 2017 iMac, 3.6 GHz Intel Core i7 with 16GB of memory.  That should be more than enough to handle a project like this.

The ONE thing that might be adding to the issue is that I'm working from an older G Tech drive that I'm connecting to my iMac via a Firewire 800 to Thunderbolt to USB-C adaptor (that's two adaptors to get to the computer).  Could that be the issue?  I'm ordering a new USB 3.0 G Tech drive but that won't be here for a couple days and I need to work.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?  Is there a way to turn off conforming? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mark I was on the phone with Adobe for over an hour and even let them access my computer and they could not fix the problem.  I basically went and install the 2017 version which seems to be working OK now.  I was a whole month out of commission

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Dabach.

So the pre-Creative Cloud version?  Do they even sell that anymore?  Someone defeats the whole purpose of the subscription model.

Did Adobe acknowledge this is an issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO just the CC 2 versions ago. The guy on the phone logged into screen sharing and installed it. There are still pending issues and crashes though. I am also using a few different video formats too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone tried deleting your 'video previews' and 'audio previews' folder ?

Please do not confuse this with cleaning media cache

these should be located where your scratch disks are set... otherwise,

try to change your scratch disks location, if something shows to delete

previews, yes, you have to delete them and render back from the start,

as sometimes old renders interfere badly when opened in a new version,

most of my similar troubles came from video previews, when deleted,

everything works back normally ...  do not confuse this with cleaning media cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Carlos

I think my issue is that every time I open the project it's conforming the hundreds of clips in the background and slowing everything down.  I thought that once it conformed all the clips the first time it wouldn't do it again but every time it's starts all over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Premiere basically sucks and is not made for professionals working on big projects.

I cannot get the media to play properly ever period.

I am using Adobe Premiere 12.0.1 and it just takes forever to load and when it does load it keeps saying media pending.

I am working on a big documentary project and am on verge ditching this worthless software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also working on a big documentary project and because Premiere MUST conform EVERY clip EVERY time I open the project I can't even use it.  I'm trying to important one clip into the project right now and it keeps freezing. 

I work for a one of the biggest broadcast networks in the country and the current version of Premiere has caused our IT department weeks and weeks of headaches.  Major people are paying attention and they are less than thrilled with Adobe right now. 

As for my own personal projects, I don't know what to do.  I've heard good things about Da Vinci. IN FACT, the same major broadcaster I just talked about just had a Da Vinci training course.  Take note, Adobe! You ain't the only game in town.  Fix your stuff!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear you. After losing a whole day trying to get it working I was finally able to get it going for the time being.

I am pointing my SCRATCH DISKS do a separate drive as the media.

And I changed my drive port connect to my CPU. That seemed to have helped.

Also trashed all preview folders and emptied the media cache.

I still would not recommend PREMIERE for big projects. The media management is awful. FCP 7 is far superior in every way.

I say this from someone who uses AVID a lot.

But I am stuck with this one on this project so I have to make it work.

The media still takes forever to load so I am scared to power my machine down 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying a few things I found a solution that at least fixed our particular issue. It’s been a while but I’m pretty certain this is how we handled it.

The situation:

(1) I was working with video files and a project on an external hard drive.

(2) The Premiere project involved several gig worth of files that were being accessed when we opened the project.

(3) The media cache folder, however, was on a particular machine (mac book pro)

The fix:

(1) Before opening that project, open Premiere Pro and change the media cache location to a folder on the same external hard drive that you’re access the video files from.

(2) Open the file let it conform the files. It will take a good while, but it’s creating a new cache on that external hard drive.

(3) Save the file

(4) Close and open it again.

Since the cache is already created in that same location, it should open quickly without having to re-conform all of the files again. It was a few months ago that I did this but I’m pretty certain that was the nature of the issue. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who use OBS to record:

The reason why I had the "media pending" problem was that I used OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) to record my screen. I don't know what's wrong with the files, but any video file made by ShadowPlay works fine and doesn't show the message "media pending" in Premiere Pro CC 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I would like to ask if this bug with Media Pending stuck screen were solved (August 2018)? If not, what are the steps to start use Premier pro. I have freh new laptop with 16GB ram,  and I tough it was enough to run this software.

At the momement (my first start), 30 minutes gone, and still unfamous "Media Pending". Should I wait longer or just download older version (if possible)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines