• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media too big for frame

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on day 2 of the 7 day trial and keep finding issues that should be easy to correct, but unfortunately Premier Pro is not as intuitive as other Adobe products that I use.

I have an image and a video file in the project.  As far as I can tell they are both set to "Fit".  However, they are both too big for the frame, and when I play it, they are so big most of it is cut out.

Is there a way to get these media items to shrink to fit into the frame?

Thanks

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to get these media items to shrink to fit into the frame?

The goal should be the opposite, iow make a timeline that you can place the media on without shrinking the footage. If your video is 1920x1080, 29,97 fps the timeline should be 1920x1080, 29,97 as well. Photos can differ, but scaling up and down video will never look "best".

If you have a timeline that is 720x480, 29.97 and place 1920x1080, 29,97 footage on it and shrink the video so that it fits the timeline and you then export it to 1920x1080, 29,97 the result will look terrible.

So, find the properties for your footage and create a timeline that matches it. Drop the footage to the New Item icon in the Project panel is one way to take care of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.

Dumb question though...

You said, ..."the timeline should be 1920x1080, 29,97 as well"

How do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For any clip/media in the Project panel ... either drag/drop to a blank timeline panel or right-click in the Project panel, "New sequence from clip" ... and Premiere will automatically make a sequence with settings to match the clip.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines