Highlighted

Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (OpenCL) does not work

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere and Media Encoder basically do not work with GPU Acceleration (OpenCL), I am forced to use Software Only. When I use GPU Acceleration in Premiere it just does not play any video. In Media Encoder it just crashes anytime I try to press a button or render anything. I have all my drivers updated, I'm stumped.

Specs:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 3700

GPU - AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

Ram - 32GB

Any ideas?

Figured it out after much headache. Did an update to my motherboard that I noticed I had and that somehow fixed it working for Premiere. Media Encoder seemed to not work with GPU when encoding an H264 file, pro res it worked fine. Of course as I write this I go back to check and now it is working with H264 after changing nothing. Honestly have no idea what happened but everything magically started working. Been troubleshooting this for two days, too early to drink but I might celebrate with some lunch.

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (OpenCL) does not work

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere and Media Encoder basically do not work with GPU Acceleration (OpenCL), I am forced to use Software Only. When I use GPU Acceleration in Premiere it just does not play any video. In Media Encoder it just crashes anytime I try to press a button or render anything. I have all my drivers updated, I'm stumped.

Specs:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 3700

GPU - AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

Ram - 32GB

Any ideas?

Figured it out after much headache. Did an update to my motherboard that I noticed I had and that somehow fixed it working for Premiere. Media Encoder seemed to not work with GPU when encoding an H264 file, pro res it worked fine. Of course as I write this I go back to check and now it is working with H264 after changing nothing. Honestly have no idea what happened but everything magically started working. Been troubleshooting this for two days, too early to drink but I might celebrate with some lunch.

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried Metal? I've not run an AMD card in some time. And I know on Macs you must run Metal on the AMD cards. Might work.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't this kind of thing drive you 'round the bend? Sheesh.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 1