Mercury Playback Engine Greyed Out

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I know this have been asked many times, but I've searched and googled a good amount and couldn't solve this, so decided to also ask just in case I'm missing something. So CPU is i7-8700k, GPU is MSI Gaming X Trio 1080 ti. The "Renderer" option is greyed out and set at "Mercury Playback Engine Software Only".

Nedko5E30_0-1607940409421.png

I've tried

- removing the driver (using DDU) and installing a new the latest version (460.79 ATM of writing this). The DCH and the Gamer ready, neither worked.

- my i-gpu was disabled in the bios, so I enabled it. No change

- Started gpu-z (there was a thread that this might help)

- ran the "GPUSniffer.exe" in the adobe premiere pro folder

- created "cuda_supported_cards.txt" with the text "GeForce GTX 1080 Ti" inside it within the Adobe Premiere Pro folder

None of the above worked. Am I missing something? Shouldn't my PC cover the requirements for to be able to use the CUDA rendering (I'm pretty new to this stuff so might be totally wrong here). Thank you in advance for your kind assistance!

Managed to fix it by using windows media creation tool and keeping my files and apps and re-installing.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Mercury Playback Engine Greyed Out

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I know this have been asked many times, but I've searched and googled a good amount and couldn't solve this, so decided to also ask just in case I'm missing something. So CPU is i7-8700k, GPU is MSI Gaming X Trio 1080 ti. The "Renderer" option is greyed out and set at "Mercury Playback Engine Software Only".

Nedko5E30_0-1607940409421.png

I've tried

- removing the driver (using DDU) and installing a new the latest version (460.79 ATM of writing this). The DCH and the Gamer ready, neither worked.

- my i-gpu was disabled in the bios, so I enabled it. No change

- Started gpu-z (there was a thread that this might help)

- ran the "GPUSniffer.exe" in the adobe premiere pro folder

- created "cuda_supported_cards.txt" with the text "GeForce GTX 1080 Ti" inside it within the Adobe Premiere Pro folder

None of the above worked. Am I missing something? Shouldn't my PC cover the requirements for to be able to use the CUDA rendering (I'm pretty new to this stuff so might be totally wrong here). Thank you in advance for your kind assistance!

Managed to fix it by using windows media creation tool and keeping my files and apps and re-installing.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 14, 2020 0