Highlighted

Mercury Transmit Issues - 3 Monitor Setup

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Ive just added a 3rd monitor to my setup for project bins etc, but adobe seems to have an issue! The Mercury Transmit of the program monitor just appears accross 2 monitors for some reason? 

You can swap programs and it will fix itself, but then make an edit on the timeline and it snaps back to its wrong position?

Been running dual 4k monitors for ages without issue, so is it the 3rd monitor causing the issue?

Setup is a Nvida GeForce 1070

x2 Dell 4k Monitors (Display Port)

x1 Samsung 1920x1080 HDMI Monitor

Attached image to show. Image 1.png

Correct answer by Perprods | Community Beginner

UPDATE - found someone mentiong scaling on another forum. So i changed my monitor scaling from the 150% they were running at, to 100% - problem solved! The Mercury transmit sits on the output perfectly.

PROBLEM is - 100% scaling is way to small to be practical. I would need super powers to see what i was doing.

Is there a known issue with this? Amy fixes on the horison? 

Topics

Anywhere, Hardware or GPU, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Mercury Transmit Issues - 3 Monitor Setup

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Ive just added a 3rd monitor to my setup for project bins etc, but adobe seems to have an issue! The Mercury Transmit of the program monitor just appears accross 2 monitors for some reason? 

You can swap programs and it will fix itself, but then make an edit on the timeline and it snaps back to its wrong position?

Been running dual 4k monitors for ages without issue, so is it the 3rd monitor causing the issue?

Setup is a Nvida GeForce 1070

x2 Dell 4k Monitors (Display Port)

x1 Samsung 1920x1080 HDMI Monitor

Attached image to show. Image 1.png

Correct answer by Perprods | Community Beginner

UPDATE - found someone mentiong scaling on another forum. So i changed my monitor scaling from the 150% they were running at, to 100% - problem solved! The Mercury transmit sits on the output perfectly.

PROBLEM is - 100% scaling is way to small to be practical. I would need super powers to see what i was doing.

Is there a known issue with this? Amy fixes on the horison? 

Topics

Anywhere, Hardware or GPU, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which screen is the primary screen for the OS? That is the one that Premiere will want to have the main Premiere UI window (with the menus) showing on. If you move the Premiere UI to a different monitor, it can get cranky.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Centre monitor (Monitor 1 / Primary Display) has Adobe main window on. Transmit is to Right hand monitor (Monitor 2)

Monitor 3 i had the project window on there. 

I have just unplugged Monitor 3, and its happy, as soon as i plug the 3rd monitor in, the transit jumps accross 2 screens. (thats with monitor 3 with nothing but the desktop on it)

Also to add, running latest adobe update.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you just not have an extra displayport cable? I think that's how you should try it. The DVI and HDMI are not used as an hierarchy. At least try switching the HDMI to your main monitor and use the two display port for secondary monitors. Check this webpage:

https://www.evga.com/support/faq/FAQdetails.aspx?faqid=59560

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive just plugged the 3rd monitor into the other display port that was spare (instead of the hdmi) it seemed happy but then reverted to its split screen issue. 

That was using a display port to hdmi adaptor - as the monitor is HDMI

Doesnt seem to have made ny difference using the Display Port

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update - 

It does seem slightly more stable in this setup... but it still isnt ideal. It will jump back to the split screen issue every now and then randomly. 

Do i need to re-order the monitors so they run in order on the card?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you respect the left / right / center for your actual physical layout - as shown in that evga link I posted.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Current setup s per the image in the link you sent - 

Port 3 - Centre Screen (Display Port / 4k)

Port 4 - Left Screen (Display Port to HDMI / 1080)

Port 5 - Right Screen (Display Port / 4K)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One issue that can be a pain in Premiere is if one 'screen' window extends one pixel over into the next screen. You have to be very careful about that part ...

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i know of that little bug... not that in this case. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW: If you use the top REPLY button from your original post, this silly web software will keep your messages in chronological order.

Strangely you might have some success physically reordering the monitors. I plugged in a new monitor last week, and it was cutting in and out, so I sent the cable back and got another. But it was similar. Then I took out the DVI from the primary monitor and replaced it with a DP cable. It was more stable but kind of not - also. So, to see if it was the new monitor or the 2nd cable I swapped the monitors and used the known DVI on the new monitor and all was well. Then when I swapped in the displayport and all was well also!? So neither the cable or the monitor was having a problem. I didn't bother to recheck to see if I could get the 2nd monitor to flash again... I'm happy with it working!

BTW: You might want to turn this off for testing.

image.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that... no difference! Will keep trying. See if anything changes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines