• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mercury Trasmit not working. Full screen massive and not in center of my monitor.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've searched the forums and I've seen many problems like this with no solution.   The only solution I can find is reseting my workspace.  However I have to do that 20 times in a session if I click off screen.  Please fix!!!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your monitor resolution match your Sequence frame size?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two 4k monitors and a 1080p monitor for the full screen preview (via mercury transmit).  It shouldn't matter what montior resolution is and sequence frame size right? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Mercury Transmit to an external monitor, yes, they should match.

For fullscreen playback (control ~, Mac), it will scale to fit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has not been my experience.

Mercury Transmit has stopped outputting to my 4K monitor that previously had worked. But before it did not matter that my sequence frame size match the monitor resolution output. The 4K monitor (set to 2560x1440 Retina) would output 1080 and UHD sequences fine. I also have a 1080 monitor in portrait orientation and Transmit will still output letterboxed to that monitor

And indeed in trouble shooting the 4K monitor, i have attempted to match the resolutions to my sequence to no avail.

Just my anecdotal 2¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know what, I'm confusing using a graphics card with Mercury Transmit and using a video break-out box (like Blackmagic Design or AJA Video).  Thanks for chiming in, Jason.

Yes, Premiere Pro scales the video to fit the desktop display, be it Monitor 1, 2, or 3 (or more if set-up for it) if needed.  Matching Sequence resolution to desktop/monitor resolution is just for preventing scaling artifacts.

The person who posted this should go through these two documents:

It might also be worth jumping over to After Effects to see if it's behaving the same or as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on Windows? If so, are you using a Windows Display Scaling setting other than 100%?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I seem to have solutioned this by: setting the scale of the monitors the same.

So on windows, you can chose to set the scale of any monitor to 100/125/150/... %

The mercury playback only plays correct if the scale of your main monitor is set the same as the scale of your playback monitor. 

This is not ideal if you're working with different monitors, like HD and 4K togheter, because you'll have to change the scale all the time, depending on how you're using your computer 🙂

but it seems to be a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines