• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merge clips without splitting stereo audio into 2 different channels

Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with a pretty standard interview type setup.

I've got my camera and a separate audio recorder recording stereo.

I would like to keep my audio as a single track stereo file, so that i can add stuff like fades and volume changes to both channels simultaneously.

However when I use the merge clips features to sync up the audio automatically, it splits the audio into two separate channel tracks so i can no longer do this.

and when i go to modify the audio channels of the newly created merged file i can not select stereo from the clip channel drop down menu.

I know i can drag the original audio file into the sequence and use the synchronize feature, but i would really like to avoid taking that extra step.

So how can I use merge clips and retain the audio as a single track 2 channel stereo file?

any help is very much appreciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the original camera clip a stereo or two track mono file?

If it is a two track mono file,  try modifying it to a stereo file (you can do this in bulk) and then merge with the stereo externally recorded track.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the suggestion, however the original camera clip is also a single track stereo file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Meg_The_Dog, any word on this?  I can't believe there aren't more posts about this, since it is still happening 2 years later. It's an inconvenience I grant you, but counting all of the "inconveniences" ("features"?) with Premier now, they're eating up a lot of our time. I can't undersatand how this is expected behavior, since it is modifying tracks from their original format. Maybe if everyone intended to mix in 5.1/7.1, but there are plenty of people who just want to sync different mics.

Anyway, if I do as you suggest then merge the stereo track again, it will just seperate the channels again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem here. I even tried to import the stero sound and the video on the timeline, drag-drop them in my folders and drag-drop the merged file back, and it still becomes 2Ch Mono.

Happens with wav, mp3, any "merged" sound file goes from stereo to 2 mono

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me. My audio file is a single track stereo file but it is splitted into two mono tracks once I merge it with a clip. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines