• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Messy Footage Sizes, export problems

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently working on a project in premiere thats mostly based on graphics that are 6k by 6k in resolution so i can zoom/pan them at will. now there seems to be a problem, where when i set an export resolution of 1k by 1k to keep things replayable, it scales down the graphics themselves, so during the shots where the graphics are really zoomed in, i have 6 times less pixel density. is there a solution to my problem? is there a way to export it without that loss of quality?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a little confused. To clarify: are you exporting your graphics and then importing them back into Premiere for another edit?

If so, and you're putting a 1000 x 1000 element into a 6000 x 6000 sequence. Then yes, if you don't have Premiere by default scale or set an item to the frame size, then the footage will look smaller in comparison to the sequence frame (it is smaller, after all).

And that's the thing: exporting at a lower resolution will, in turn of course, lower the 'quality' in the sense that you have restricted the number of pixels that are allowed to define your export.

Instead you may be better off editing in a sequence that matches your intended delivery resolution (ex. 1920x1080 or 3840x2160) This way what you see in your sequence is mostly what you get in your export. Sorry if I've misinterpreted what you meant though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm sorry for not being abled to communicate my problem well, i'm more sleep deprived right now than i've been maybe my entire life. allthough what i'm going through is somewhat different from what you said, your last paragraph seems like the only viable solution to my problem. essentially i have a sequence that is 6k by 6k, graphics that are 6k by 6k, that are at some points zoomed in to what would correspond to 1k by 1k. if i render that sequence out in 1k by 1k, the zoomed in parts look like they're 1/6th of that on either axis. i guess its because premiere scales down the footage before applying the transformation keyframes of the zooms/pans to them. thank you for being patient with me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're either used "scale to framesize" on the media on the sequence or as the default option in Preferences/Media, which you do NOT want. You need to use "set to frame-size" as the resizing default. Then it won't throw away the pixel data as it is currently.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand.  First, what version of Premiere are you using?  And what are your sequence settings, pixel dimensions in particular.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines