• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

mic issue with premiere pro

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Adobe redirects me to forums as the only means to get support, I'll post this here - even though it requires a response from Adobe.

I've recently started using a software that notifies me once the camera or microphone on my laptop become activated, since I am concerned with how privacy is handled by software companies. I was very surprised to understand that the mere fact of starting Adobe Premiere Pro up activates my microphone immediately and continuously.

This means the software has access to the mic audio *simply by running*.

Assuming that this feature is intended so that the user can record audio directly into Premiere, it should only become active once the recording process is actually starting.

This is self evident to me.

Skype, for example, activates the microphone only when a call is effectively established (not even when it is ringing), which is how it should be. Adobe is not taking my right to privacy seriously and I request an answer on why this happens and an urgent fix.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We appreciate you writing in. Ideally, Premiere Pro does not record anything unless you hit the record button. However, you can disable the audio input hardware under Preferences if that helps better.

Does that answer to your question?

Let us know.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PrPro is used on tons of pro work daily. Most of that actually can have rather stringent privacy rules & requirements. And they can work with PrPro without any issue with all their stringent requirements.

PrPro only loads the connection to the audio hardware on launch so that it can access the hardware as needed while you are working. It has no 'interest' in anything else.

So you can relax."Adobe" isn't doing anything nor concerned with anything on your computer.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am able to record evrthing on premire pro after i checked my mic because there is issue in mic not in PrePr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines