• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Microsoft Surface Book 2 and Premiere Pro 2020 (14.6)

Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else run into this problem.  My computer is a Microsoft Surface Book 2 with a Nvidia Gelforce GTX 1060.  When I open the newest version of PP, I am getting the message to update the drivers.  I don't this this is possilbe - it needs to come via a Microsoft Update.

The program works, but the fans come on almost immediately, and then go on and off sporatically.  This does not happen in version 2019. I am currently running version 13.0.2, and glad I kept this on my machine.  There is an update to 13.1.5, but I am not sure it is worth the risk to upgrade.

The problem for me is that I am not a computer person, but know how to use the software.  When it comes to these types of changes, it can get pretty confusing.

Nozmo_0-1606330373217.png

Nozmo_1-1606330425268.png

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear about this. Please let us know the version of the NVIDIA driver shown in the NVIDIA control panel. If the driver is not updated to the latest version, you may download and update the driver from NVIDIA's website (https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/166630/en-us).

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Sumeet 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would install the STUDIO Driver instead of the Game Driver as mentioned in Sumeets link.

All NVIDIA drivers provide full features and application support for top games and creative applications.
If you are a gamer who prioritizes day of launch support for the latest games, patches, and DLCs, choose Game Ready Drivers.
If you are a content creator who prioritizes stability and quality for creative workflows including video editing, animation, photography, graphic design, and livestreaming, choose Studio Drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Download driver form given link:

Install as follows.

Driver number in the screenshot is just an example.

nvidia.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines