Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Middle portion of clip turning black

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey y'all,

I'm working with a nested clip that I further edited using time remapping in my timeline. It wasn't intially giving me any problems but all of a sudden the middle portion of the clip went black (about the second half of the portion that I time remapped). This happened after I started adding a few effects around the clip, but not directly to it.

When I export the project with GPU Acceleration the clip is black but when I use software only the clip works, but only when exported. (still not in the timeline) Unfortunately when I use “software only” other effects in the timeline cannot be exported.

When I double click on the nested sequence and watch the original clips, the playback is fine, but these are without the effects added in the main timeline.

I've cleared the cache, I’ve reset my preferences and my work space, I’ve imported my main timeline into another project. I went back to the original clips from the nested sequence, nested out just the particular part that turns black, copy and pasted the time mapping and the copy pasted that new sequence to replace the black part, no luck. 

What does work, however, is when I move the trouble clip to another part of the timeline, it works… I’ll include a picture of that particular portion of the timeline to show the effects that surround the clip, which I’m guessing are bogging it down, There’s really not that many effects there!

I also have way too many nested sequences all over this project, unfortunately. Not sure if that’s an issue

Here’s a screen shot of my set up and my Mac specs. Thank you!

Best,

Niko

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 10.21.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 10.26.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 10.27.41 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this has been happening to me to, did you ever find a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines