Migrate a project to proxy

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum and I'm also new to Premiere !!
I started a project using images, videos and audio of various kinds. Among these media several of them are in 4K and, as I read in other forum posts, to not have delays in the operation I have to use Proxy mode.

Can you tell me if there is the possibility to migrate a project from standard mode to proxy mode?

Thank you so much!!
Gianni

TOPICS
Crash, Freeze or hang, How to, Performance

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a new project:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/how-to/proxy-media.html

Then import the old project into the new project.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or simply select the 4k clips, right-click Proxies/Create Proxies. To get playback, you need the intraframe options like the ProRes or Cineform low-res presets.

Now in the Program monitor, go to the + icon in the lower right corner, and click. Look for the little icon with two overlaid images and arrows ... when you hover the cursor over it, a tool-tip will say "Toggle Proxies". Drag that to your control block for the Program monitor.

Premiere will then make proxies from the preset you choose and use them when you click that icon and it is blue. Click it again, you see the original media.

Neil

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines