Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migrate Encore Installation to another Drive

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have to buy a new drive and I was wondering wether it was possible to migrate the existing Encore Installation (the version downloaded from creative cloud when it was still possible) to this new drive.

Is it possible to copy specific files to the new drive to get it running again or will it be lost forever?

Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

I found a solution to the problem myself:

I used the tool "EaseUs Todo PCTrans" to copy Encore from my old drive to my new one and it actually worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a no show: you cannot just copy a program over to another drive. It has to be installed.

Some say cloning the entire drive will work.

But unfortunately Encore is no longer available through the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm aware that I cannot just copy the installation folder. But maybe if I copy some registry keys and additional needed folders it might work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont think that is going to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution to the problem myself:

I used the tool "EaseUs Todo PCTrans" to copy Encore from my old drive to my new one and it actually worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. Did not expect that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use the free version or upgraded version? How did it copy from all of the files that are spread out over the "C" drive? Did you have to tell it something specific?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I used the free version. It does allow only a limited number of transfers, so the next time I switch my drive I'll have to buy it, but that's a small price to pay for being able to still use Encore.

I used the option to transfer from one PC to another (where you have to install the software on both PCs), but it should work on the drive-level as well, I just didn't test that.

The program scans the PC for programs that it knows how to transfer (it also finds some that could work, but that's not of interest here). It will find "Premiere Pro CS6" if you installed Encore from the Creative Cloud App and then you just have to click "transfer" and it works.

You don't have to tell it anything specific, it just works. They probably predefined what files it has to copy, that's why it only works on a limited amount of programs, but fortunately for Encore it does! And I'm just glad I dind't lose Encore forever.

Though I don't know if Adobe could possibly mess this up by changing the Creative Cloud App.

Somehow Encore still has to check if it is activated properly.

Let's just hope they don't change any IDs or Keys that might interfere with Encore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let us know in a month whether it continues to work. What I think you said in thefirst post is that you don't have a purchased license for Encore/PR CS6, and whst was transferred was a program installed via the CC subscription and activated via that log in. I think it can take up to a month for a CC program to trigger the activation renewal/confirmation. We'll see!

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

just a small update:

Encore had continued to work until today, but since today it is asking for a serial number, which means I won't be able to use it anymore.

I don't know what changed but I had to re-enter my log-in credentials for all creative cloud applications which seems to have triggered the activation renewal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sir_Teddy Start trouble shooting here: Creative Cloud apps ask for serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, but I don't think this will work, because Adobe Encore is not a Creative Cloud Application (anymore). All my Creative Cloud Apps are working fine, it's just that Encore "forgot" that it was once activated via Creative Cloud.

The problem is that I never had a serial number for Adobe Encore because I downloaded it as part of Premiere Pro CS6 from the Creative Cloud app (when that was still possible).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines