Migrate project files to new pc - premiere pro

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have to get my (unfinished/ unexported) projects to a new PC.

How can I do this. I have a windows 

PC. I am sure its more than just copy them

From C:\users\xxxxxxxxxx\adobe\premierepro\14.0\

Or is it as simple as copying them from there?

Any help would be appreciated.

It would be devastating to find out I have to do my work all over again

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Averdahl | Adobe Community Professional

Yes, it is as simple to just copy the project file/s and the media used in the project. The worst thing that can happen is if your media today is located on the D:\ and you copy the media files to let´s say E:\. When you open the project Premiere Pro will report that it cannot find the files on D:\ but just click the Locate button to point the dialog to the correct media files on E:\. This takes often just a couple of seconds.

There is no way of damage the project by doing this. A good habit it to keep a backup of the project file in case the re-linking of the media goes wrong.

If your media files already are on C:\ there will be no need to re-link media.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Migrate project files to new pc - premiere pro

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have to get my (unfinished/ unexported) projects to a new PC.

How can I do this. I have a windows 

PC. I am sure its more than just copy them

From C:\users\xxxxxxxxxx\adobe\premierepro\14.0\

Any help would be appreciated.

It would be devastating to find out I have to do my work all over again

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Averdahl | Adobe Community Professional

Yes, it is as simple to just copy the project file/s and the media used in the project. The worst thing that can happen is if your media today is located on the D:\ and you copy the media files to let´s say E:\. When you open the project Premiere Pro will report that it cannot find the files on D:\ but just click the Locate button to point the dialog to the correct media files on E:\. This takes often just a couple of seconds.

There is no way of damage the project by doing this. A good habit it to keep a backup of the project file in case the re-linking of the media goes wrong.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 28, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never done this, but I think the project manager will let you create a folder with "everything" in the folder that you need to be able to copy to a different computer

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 28, 2020 0